February 23, 200818 yr Y'know, compounding matters, this Duke-Johnnies series hasn't really ever been much of a competitive one, and probably doesn't warrant anything more than ESPN regional. I give up; you Wildcat fans win. The conspiracy clearly exists ... Plus CBS even had Mike Giminski as the color man for the UK game.:lol:
February 23, 200818 yr It had to be a mistake... the Duke game wasn't even next on the same channel, it was the Vandy/Georgia game here in Lex.
February 23, 200818 yr It had to be a mistake... the Duke game wasn't even next on the same channel, it was the Vandy/Georgia game here in Lex. The Duke game was supposed to be on the national CBS game.. it was on 99 here.
February 23, 200818 yr It had to be a mistake... the Duke game wasn't even next on the same channel, it was the Vandy/Georgia game here in Lex. Yeah Im sure it had to be a mistake. Just one that flat out annoys me! Here UK is in a fairly tight ball game and that happens! Ah well.
February 24, 200818 yr Yeah Im sure it had to be a mistake. Just one that flat out annoys me! Here UK is in a fairly tight ball game and that happens! Ah well. To be fair, you guys would get mad if it was a blowout as well.
February 24, 200818 yr To be fair, you guys would get mad if it was a blowout as well. You're right. They don't cut away from other games when they're a blowout and especially if they're a close game. What upsets me the most is that I've had to miss the 1st couple of minutes of quite a few 9:00 UK games this year due to them NOT doing this. I don't have a problem with that, as I understand people want to watch the end of the game. But when it happens to me..:irked: Not a big deal though - at least we won.
February 24, 200818 yr Author Interesting story about this topic: http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/15905827.html
February 24, 200818 yr To be fair, you guys would get mad if it was a blowout as well. So what your saying is we would rather watch UK win in a blowout and see the finish that to watch Duke (who we are supposedly obsessed with?) hmm.
February 24, 200818 yr So what your saying is we would rather watch UK win in a blowout and see the finish that to watch Duke (who we are supposedly obsessed with?) hmm. Actually, that's any game. I've long contended that were Kentucky up big in a NCAA tourney game, say by 35 points or so, and the network switched over to a closer game, the phones would ring off the hook with anger at CBS.
February 24, 200818 yr Here's the best part. 10 years from now people will be talking about hating CBS and listing this event as part of the media "conspiracy". I can't wait... :lol:
February 24, 200818 yr They switched back with 20 or so seconds left which means it was an accident IMO
February 24, 200818 yr Actually, that's any game. I've long contended that were Kentucky up big in a NCAA tourney game, say by 35 points or so, and the network switched over to a closer game, the phones would ring off the hook with anger at CBS. I don't think I'd be angry but I would be tempted to call in. As much as I love the NCAA tournament & just watching college basketball in general, I'd rather watch the entire UK game. If you're not going to voice your own opinion, who is going to do it for you?
February 25, 200818 yr Here's the best part. 10 years from now people will be talking about hating CBS and listing this event as part of the media "conspiracy". I can't wait... :lol: Nope, we will be still talking about the Latener shot b/c they will be still showing that on tv 10 years from now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.