Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sampson Suspended

Featured Replies

Come on man, that's also in every contract.

 

Problem is the 90 days that IU has to go back to the NCAA.

 

It's just like the regular justice system. Charges have been filed, the defense is mounting it's case. You can't sentence someone who hasn't gone to trial yet. Trial wouldn't be until June.

 

I see your point, but IU caught the infractions. They're not going to be pleading "not guilty."

 

I'm sure they're doing all they can under the terms of the contract. I just think Sampson's lawyers did a lot better job than IU's when the contract was drafted.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would the university benefit from agreeing to a buyout versus a suspension and firing?
Would end any potential suits and costs related, plus any remaining compensation due.
  • Author
I see your point, but IU caught the infractions. They're not going to be pleading "not guilty."
100% irrelevant.

 

tO$U caught their's as well.

100% irrelevant.

 

tO$U caught their's as well.

 

Again....

 

I'm sure they're doing all they can under the terms of the contract. I just think Sampson's lawyers did a lot better job than IU's when the contract was drafted.

 

IU should've had an out for this situation.

Are they going to have enough players left to field a team if everyone who stated they wouldn't play for Dakich quits?

  • Author
Are they going to have enough players left to field a team if everyone who stated they wouldn't play for Dakich quits?

I still don't buy that to be true.

 

If it is shame on those players.

  • Author
Again....

 

 

 

IU should've had an out for this situation.

They do, they can fire him on the spot if he is found guilty of wrongdoing, he has not. You're not getting it. No coach or agent in their right mind would sign a contract stating their guy can be fired without cause at the administrations whim. Without some form of compensation.

 

And no, accusations are not just cause.

 

You either get this or you don't there's no grey area.

Are they going to have enough players left to field a team if everyone who stated they wouldn't play for Dakich quits?

What players stated this?

Are they going to have enough players left to field a team if everyone who stated they wouldn't play for Dakich quits?

 

Sometimes kids spout off more than they should. Some think they have some pull, but as adults we know better. In poker it is called a bluff, and there is no bluffing IU. Just ask the General.

  • Author

This whole thing is making me sick.

 

I'm not getting back on the computer until it's done! One way or another.

Are they going to have enough players left to field a team if everyone who stated they wouldn't play for Dakich quits?

 

I'm really not buying that one. I'm sure the players that said that already regret it.

 

Although nothing is set in stone yet, Sampson broke the rules and in doing so made IU look terrible. With some sort of punishment possibly on the way for IU, why would the players take such a stand for the guy responsible for the mess they are in ?

 

Asked if the players are still planning to walk out after today’s meeting, the source said, “I know they were. I don’t know if they are now.”

 

Reality hitting them in the face.:thumb: It is nice the players are sticking up for there Coach, but this is the time they need to regroup and cut there losses.

Asked if the players are still planning to walk out after today’s meeting, the source said, “I know they were. I don’t know if they are now.”

 

Reality hitting them in the face.:thumb: It is nice the players are sticking up for there Coach, but this is the time they need to regroup and cut there losses.

 

ESPN says some of the phone calls were to Gordon. I don't see how he (Gordon) would have known at the time that was not right. Hopefully he won't get in trouble for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.