February 22, 200818 yr ESPN says some of the phone calls were to Gordon. I don't see how he (Gordon) would have known at the time that was not right. Hopefully he won't get in trouble for it. I wouldnt think that Gordon would be in any trouble. He shouldnt be. He just picked up the phone. All the blame is on KS with this one.
February 22, 200818 yr Interesting to say the least. How it plays out will be as well! I would bet Jim O'Brien and OSU's situation played MAJOR role in how IU has handled their situation to this point!
February 22, 200818 yr IU should've had an out for this situation. They do have an out. But Sampson has to be FOUND guilty, and that won't happen until May or something like that.
February 22, 200818 yr They do, they can fire him on the spot if he is found guilty of wrongdoing, he has not. You're not getting it. No coach or agent in their right mind would sign a contract stating their guy can be fired without cause at the administrations whim. Without some form of compensation. And no, accusations are not just cause. You either get this or you don't there's no grey area. But he has been found guilty of violations. How about the previous ones that had happened while he has been at IU? They elected not to fire him over those, but I would think they could still get him over those couldnt they?
February 22, 200818 yr Susppended now and fired shortly! JD :thumb: I heard they may suspend him for the rest of the year, and fire him after.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.