February 19, 200818 yr The kid deserves a second chance. I just don't think it should be given to him by UK. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
February 19, 200818 yr If UK is looking at possibly bringing in Bud Mackey does that mean they think they have lost out on other PG candidates? Tyrone Appleton, Verdell Jones, etc? Remember they have commitments from PG's G.J. Vilarno and K.C. Ross-Miller already.
February 19, 200818 yr If UK is looking at possibly bringing in Bud Mackey does that mean they think they have lost out on other PG candidates? Tyrone Appleton, Verdell Jones, etc? Remember they have commitments from PG's G.J. Vilarno and K.C. Ross-Miller already. I don't think Mackey is considered a PG, more a wing type player.
February 19, 200818 yr If UK is looking at possibly bringing in Bud Mackey does that mean they think they have lost out on other PG candidates? Tyrone Appleton, Verdell Jones, etc? Remember they have commitments from PG's G.J. Vilarno and K.C. Ross-Miller already. There are some that think Appleton will commit to Kansas as soon as this week. He has cancelled all future visits .
February 19, 200818 yr I was thinking Kelvin Sampson said they would use Mackey at the PG spot! He handled the ball a great deal at Scott County when I saw them play! I saw that Appleton had a wonderful visit at Kansas this past weekend. Seems Verdell Jones has Minnesota and UK in his top 3 or 4 schools. That could get interesting!
February 19, 200818 yr I think this whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion. Bud still has bigger issues to worry about besides basketball.
February 20, 200818 yr I don't think Mackey is considered a PG' date=' more a wing type player.[/quote'] He is something of a combo guard. He has the size and ability to play either guard spot. He did run the point for the most part for SC last year. Walls would take the reins sometimes, but it was mostly Bud.
February 20, 200818 yr I think this whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion. Bud still has bigger issues to worry about besides basketball. Maybe so, but that doesnt explain the rumors and his myspace page. It's obvious he has other things on his mind. Try addressing the situation for once LMB.
February 20, 200818 yr This whole deal reminds me of a few years ago, about a kid named JamesOn Curry. During his senior year of high school, got caught with drugs on school grounds. Having a scholarship from North Carolina terminated. Later, coach Eddie Sutton offered the kid a scholrship to Ok. St. because Sutton believed he deserved a second chance. The kid went on to have a good college career, and was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in 2007. Just a little bit of the same situation. This kid learned from his mistake and hopefully Bud has as well, and someone will give him a second chance to show his skills and the college level.
February 21, 200818 yr Maybe so, but that doesnt explain the rumors and his myspace page. It's obvious he has other things on his mind. Try addressing the situation for once LMB. The situation is he has some legal issues that must be dealt with before he goes to college anywhere.
February 21, 200818 yr Was JOC looking at possession with intent? And what kind of drug was JOC caught with?
February 21, 200818 yr If I remember the story correctly Curry was caught with marijuana, and he was caught selling to an undercover cop.
February 21, 200818 yr If I remember the story correctly Curry was caught with marijuana, and he was caught selling to an undercover cop.And he was a qualifier, ladies and gentlemen. :lol: Weed and what Mackey was caught with are a little different, in the opinion of most...
February 21, 200818 yr The situation is he has some legal issues that must be dealt with before he goes to college anywhere. Keep dodging....
February 21, 200818 yr I just dont think the Cats, in a rebuilding stage, have the luxury of turning away any talent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.