February 21, 200818 yr I personally don't think this kid deserves any kind of positive or even in-different recognition for this young man.
February 21, 200818 yr Maybe Bud isn't coming to play basketball, he just has some buyers down here.:lol::lol::lol:
February 21, 200818 yr I personally don't think this kid deserves any kind of positive or even in-different recognition for this young man. I agree RP.
February 21, 200818 yr And he was a qualifier, ladies and gentlemen. :lol: Weed and what Mackey was caught with are a little different, in the opinion of most... Curry was charged with two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, two counts of sale and delivery of marijuana, and two counts of sale, possession, and delivery of a controlled substance on school grounds. I don't disagree with you that what the two were caught with are a little different. I just said it was a simular situatin.
February 21, 200818 yr Only real difference is the "substance" in question. Dealing on school grounds is dealing on school grounds. Killing someone with a firearm or a knife is still murder. I'm not saying the kid does not deserve a second chance, but the situation between the two is the same. No difference.
February 21, 200818 yr I don't know why alot of people seem to think these kids should be given 2nd chances. They knew what they were doing was illegal and they also knew they were on the brink of getting a paid education.
February 21, 200818 yr I believe he deserves a second chance. You bring up a good word in your post... kids! They are kids, they make mistakes, should they be punished yes. I hope he learns from this horrible experience and terrible decision and has an awsome career on the college level, and maybe the pros, who knows.
February 21, 200818 yr Only real difference is the "substance" in question. Dealing on school grounds is dealing on school grounds. Killing someone with a firearm or a knife is still murder. I'm not saying the kid does not deserve a second chance, but the situation between the two is the same. No difference.That's your opinion, but I think most people in America see a difference between the two. Remember, lots of Americans and their suburbanite teenagers have at least tried weed. How many have tried crack? Is there a significant movement to legalize crack?
February 21, 200818 yr Bud Mackey is 18 and charged as an adult. I know I'm as guilty as anyone about calling these athletes 'kids' but if he isn't a good baller that might sign with UK the majority of this very conservative board would say throw the book at him for dealing CRACK at a school as an adult.
February 21, 200818 yr I believe he deserves a second chance. You bring up a good word in your post... kids! They are kids, they make mistakes, should they be punished yes. I hope he learns from this horrible experience and terrible decision and has an awsome career on the college level, and maybe the pros, who knows. He will, IMO, get another chance because he is a standout basketball player. If he weren't, what would he get? Kicked off the team and forgotten about.
February 21, 200818 yr Bud Mackey is 18 and charged as an adult. I know I'm as guilty as anyone about calling these athletes 'kids' but if he isn't a good baller that might sign with UK the majority of this very conservative board would say throw the book at him for dealing CRACK at a school as an adult. I think if you went back and checked the thread when this originally came out, and he had signed with Indiana, you will find your post to be very accurate.
February 21, 200818 yr He will, IMO, get another chance because he is a standout basketball player. If he weren't, what would he get? Kicked off the team and forgotten about. I hope he gets a second chance to show his skills at a higher level. If he wasn't a basketball player, I would hope if he hadn't been in any kind of trouble before that he get a second chance to prove to society that he screwed up, paid the price and is making the most of the second chance. I'm not saying that just because he is a basketball standout is the reason he should get the second chance.
February 21, 200818 yr I hope he gets a second chance to show his skills at a higher level. If he wasn't a basketball player, I would hope if he hadn't been in any kind of trouble before that he get a second chance to prove to society that he screwed up, paid the price and is making the most of the second chance. I'm not saying that just because he is a basketball standout is the reason he should get the second chance. I think he will get a second chance simply because he is a standout basketball player. That's the problem I have. He will get a second chance to play basketball, at some division 1 college, because of his talent. His past misdeeds will suddenly be forgiven and all will be right with the college basketball world. But the student/athlete that isn't of that caliber is booted from the team and forgotten about. I do understand your point of view, but I just don't think it's fair across the board.
February 21, 200818 yr I think if you went back and checked the thread when this originally came out, and he had signed with Indiana, you will find your post to be very accurate. Very true. Just about everybody was crucifying the kid. Just a bit of info for everyone. The trafficking charge was dropped if I am not mistaken because it was found he wasnt trying to sell it, he just had it on him. Secondly, the charges were dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor, which puts him in a good situation as a first time offender and someone with an opportunity to do something with his life.
February 21, 200818 yr Very true. Just about everybody was crucifying the kid. Just a bit of info for everyone. The trafficking charge was dropped if I am not mistaken because it was found he wasnt trying to sell it, he just had it on him. Secondly, the charges were dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor, which puts him in a good situation as a first time offender and someone with an opportunity to do something with his life. Not trying to say you're wrong, but I always thought the term "trafficking" was solely based on the amount you had? Or, obviously, if you were actually caught selling it. Like if you have over a certain amount they consider it as trafficking because it's too much for a single person's use. Maybe not, that's just what I thought. :confused:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.