Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next football re-alignment

Featured Replies

Ram, there's no way there going to cut back to 16 teams in 1a. There would only be 2 teams in the west and everything else is 3-4 plus hours away. Wouldn't be great on Fulton Co or Fulton City. They're talking about a super division, but, not limiting 1a. I like the idea of 16 in 6a, but, the next 5 classes would be divided equally...

It's not my proposal. I just broke the teams down for the sake of the discussion. Several posters have mentioned, in several threads, about wanting the biggest 16 teams in 6A, the smallest 16 teams in 1A, and all the other teams divided up equally in 2A-5A.

 

I am not for this proposal.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha:ylsuper: I hadn't heard anything about the 1a's. I would really like to see just 5 classes with 5a limited to 16 to 20 teams and the other 4 classes with about 48 each which would give you 7 teams in each district. Due to geographics, you may have only 6 in one and 8 in another, but, that wouldn't be to much of a factor really. I also liked it when they had a Metro division for the Louisville teams and you could throw in the Lex teams but if you did that, I think you'd have to limit it to just the larger enrollments..

Ram, there's no way there going to cut back to 16 teams in 1a. There would only be 2 teams in the west and everything else is 3-4 plus hours away. Wouldn't be great on Fulton Co or Fulton City. They're talking about a super division, but, not limiting 1a. I like the idea of 16 in 6a, but, the next 5 classes would be divided equally...

 

The same could be said for the 6A's. You have Henderson and Daviess west then Central Kentucky. You don't have equal representations from each of the regions, but I don't think Fulton County or Fulton City would be complaining about bypassing Mayfield and getting to play for a state championship.

 

Look at the list using the "little" A and the "super" 6 and you'll see some teams that were some of the weakest A and AA schools in the state under the 4 class system in with some of the best AAA schools in the "new" 3A and 4A. I'm sure that's going to be pretty.

 

Anyway, a system needs to be set into place and people are just going to have to deal with it. There will always be some unhappy people, no matter what.

Gotcha:ylsuper: I hadn't heard anything about the 1a's. I would really like to see just 5 classes with 5a limited to 16 to 20 teams and the other 4 classes with about 48 each which would give you 7 teams in each district. Due to geographics, you may have only 6 in one and 8 in another, but, that wouldn't be to much of a factor really. I also liked it when they had a Metro division for the Louisville teams and you could throw in the Lex teams but if you did that, I think you'd have to limit it to just the larger enrollments..

Personally, I would like to see five classes as well. 5A being made up of the biggest 16 schools, and any additional schools that wish to move up to 5A. All the other schools divided up among the other four classes.

 

Top two teams from each district make the playoffs, and play the top two teams from another district.

What I would like to see happen if they did this is to make class 1A an 8-Man division. Some of these schools could barely field a team for 11-man but with a 8-man team, if you have 11+, then you're doing fairly well for turnout. Plus 8-man football is really fun to watch.

Other than maybe Jenkins, I have never known any of these teams to have difficulty fielding a team. Go see Bellevue play football, in the past. they have often, well more often that most, beaten Beechwood. Please look at some actual facts before saying some things.

what and how does an eight man game work? I am interested.

The Lexington Horsemen play in the spring/summer on saturday nights. It's kind of like playing football in the living room when you were little or PE class. I can see how a lot of people would like it, however. It's just not my thing, I guess I just like the smell of grass, getting cold, and being rained on.

Kentucky Country Day in Louisville has fielded an 8 man team in the past. I don't know if they still do, but I know Trinity had a 7-on-7 with them in the past, and they were extremely competitive with us. I never actually saw them play, but I'd imagine it would be a lot like Arena ball; fast paced and very entertaining. I'm definitely showing my age here, but what is the deal with the multiplier, as in what is it and why is it pushed for so hard?

:dancingpa

Personally, I would like to see five classes as well. 5A being made up of the biggest 16 schools, and any additional schools that wish to move up to 5A. All the other schools divided up among the other four classes.

 

Top two teams from each district make the playoffs, and play the top two teams from another district.

 

I like this also.:dancingpa

8 man football in High School would be pointless. If you can't field 11 then don't have a team.

 

What a terrible viewpoint. I would think 8-man would allow more small schools to compete and perhaps small schools that don't field teams would now be able to.

 

There are hundreds of 9-man, 8-man and 6-man high schools teams across the country. While it might not necessarily work for Kentucky, try telling those young men in small towns across the nation that smaller teams are "pointless."

With all the conversation about the biggest 16 schools and the smallest 16 schools being in 6A and 1A respectively. I have divided the teams accordingly. The biggest 16 schools make up 6A, the smallest 16 schools make up 1A. The other 189 schools are divided up equally for 2A-5A. All schools are listed from largest to smallest. Enjoy.

 

6A

Trinity

St. Xavier

Paul Dunbar

Henderson Co.

Henrey Clay

Lafatette

Eastern

Scott County

Pleasure Ridge Park

Daviess Co.

Seneca

Tates Creek

Dupont Manual

Central Hardin

George Rogers Clark

Madison Central

 

5A

Conner

Ballard

Nelson County

Campbell County

Southern

Ryle

Meade County

Boone County

Shelby County

Male

Simon Kenton

Marshall County

Harlan Consolidated

Butler

Fern Creek

North Hardin

Greenwood

Apollo

Graves County

Bullitt Central

South Laurel

Dixie Heights

John Hardin

Christian County

North Laurel

Iroquois

Bryan Station

Waggener

Lincoln County

Oldham County

Scott

Whitley County

Grayson County

Ohio County

Montgomery County

Warren Central

Barren County

Clay County

Doss

Jeffersontown

Woodford County

Anderson County

Southwestern

Grant County

Madisonville-North Hopkins

Owensboro

Letcher County Central

Hopkinsville

 

4A

Ashland Blazer

Mercer Consolidated

Perry County Central

Bowling Green

South Oldham

Holmes

Johnson Central

Pulaski County

Hopkins County

Western

Harrison County

Valley

North Bullitt

West Jessamine

Madison Southern

Boyd County

Logan County

Rockcastle County

Franklin-Simpson

Calloway County

Rowan County

Covington Catholic

Bullitt East

East Jessamine

Marion County

Franklin County

Allen County-Scottsville

Fairdale

Knox Central

Boyle County

Lexington Catholic

Greenup County

Atherton

McCreary Central

Breckinridge County

Lawrence County

Russell County

Pendleton County

Bell County

Bourbon County

Larue County

Warren East

Muhlenberg North

Lone Oak

Highlands

Mason County

Taylor County

 

3A

 

East Ridge

Powell County

North Oldham

Paducah Tilghman

Elizabethtown

Pike County Central

Adair County

Moore

Hart County

Garrard County

Shawnee

East Carter

Butler County

Russell

Muhlenberg South

Spencer County

Fleming County

Belfry

Wayne County

Magoffin County

Estill County

Webster Consolidated

Union County

Western Hills

Lewis County

Sheldon Clark

Jackson County

Breathitt County

Edmonson County

Casey County

West Carter

Central

Henry County

Knott County Central

Leslie County

Morgan County

Prestonsburg

Shelby Valley

Lloyd Memorial

Owen County

Trigg County

Corbin

Washington County

Heath

DeSales

Caldwell County

 

2A

 

Fort Campbell

Monroe County

Reidland

Glasgow

Bath County

Owensboro Catholic

Danville

Todd County Central

Christian Academy-Louisville

Carroll County

Newport

Hancock County

Bardstown

Newport Central Catholic

Fort Knox

Middlesboro

Clinton County

McLean County

Murray

Green County

Metcalfe County

Somerset

Holy Cross (Covington)

Betsy Layne

Trimble County

Lexington Christian

Ballard Memorial

Pikeville

Crittenden County

Mayfield

Gallatin County

Bracken County

Allen Central

South Floyd

Campbellsville

Berea

Russellville

Beechwood

Lynn Camp

Frankfort

Nicholas County

Holy Cross (Louisville)

Ludlow

Hazard

Phelps

Raceland

Dayton

 

1A

Fairview

Bethlehem

Bellevue

Harlan

Fulton County

Paintsville

Caverna

Kentucky Country Day

Paris

Williamsburg

Jenkins

Eminence

Pineville

Fulton City

Beth Haven

Evangelical Christian

 

Corbin is currently 2A so are Knott and Wayne counties.

Personally, I would like to see five classes as well. 5A being made up of the biggest 16 schools, and any additional schools that wish to move up to 5A. All the other schools divided up among the other four classes.

 

Top two teams from each district make the playoffs, and play the top two teams from another district.

 

I don't think many teams would be wanting to move up to the Super Class.

I don't think many teams would be wanting to move up to the Super Class.

 

I am willing to bet you are right.

Corbin is currently 2A so are Knott and Wayne counties.

This list is not the current alignment, it is a proposed format, that puts the biggest 16 teams in 6A, the smallest 16 teams in 1A, and all the remaining schools divided up equalling in 2A - 5A. Just a proposal that has been discussed in several different threads over the last year or two.

I don't think many teams would be wanting to move up to the Super Class.

I'm not necessarily sure that would always be the case. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but say you have a 5A team that is in a very tough 5A district, and pretty much has no chance of every finishing in the top 3 or 4 of that district, and they would be in the weakest 6A district, if they moved up. I could see them possible moving up to the 6A district, if they have a better shot of making the playoffs, or winning a playoff game.

 

I'm saying a good 5A team, but this team is in a very strong 5A district. I could see it happening. In this scenario, they have no chance of winning a playoff game, let alone a State Championship, in 5A. They still have no chance of winning a 6A State Championship, but they may have a chance to win a playoff game.

This list is not the current alignment, it is a proposed format, that puts the biggest 16 teams in 6A, the smallest 16 teams in 1A, and all the remaining schools divided up equalling in 2A - 5A. Just a proposal that has been discussed in several different threads over the last year or two.

 

Would you rather beat 16 teams or 55 in the bunched up middle classes?? I still think a school that can draw from anywhere and not call it recruiting has an advantage over a neighborhood/public school. Can anyone tell me... how this is fair?? Private and independents have an advantage over a public school by what they are allowed to do. When does High school sports equal an all-star team with kids from any county or state?? All privates should be put in the super class or have a big multiplier on them to get them in a higher division where schools with 500 boys can compete.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.