Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

39th District draw

Featured Replies

I agree with you coacharn21. St Pat is the second best team in the district and they got to play the number 1 team. It make no sense

 

They were the second best team during the regular season the last two years and still didn't make the regional, it would have been no guarantee again this year no matter who they drew.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to get over the seeding issue. Its not going to happen and will not happen (voted on today) in the near future. It is not beneficial for Augusta or Mason County to seed. Augusta because more times then not they are going to be the #4 seed, so take the random draw (which has been good to them the past two years) and Mason County would have to play home and aways with each other district team. Thats 6 games on their schedule that doesn't benefit them. That takes away games with Catholic, Scott County, and other teams that can better prepare them for a state run.

 

Then why even play a regular season, if Augusta, can’t beat the teams in their district in the regular season then they deserve to play Mason, and some for anyone else. I hate that Augusta benefits so much from playing their opponents two three times a year and lose to them, and then third or fourth time is the charm!!! Not seeding is not something I will not get over because it makes no sense!!

Then why even play a regular season, if Augusta, can’t beat the teams in their district in the regular season then they deserve to play Mason, and some for anyone else. I hate that Augusta benefits so much from playing their opponents two three times a year and lose to them, and then third or fourth time is the charm!!! Not seeding is not something I will not get over because it makes no sense!!

 

 

Mason County does not want to come to Augusta to play a game when they could be playing Scott County or Lexington Catholic.

 

So Augusta is not the only team that did not vote to seed. Other teams did as well.

 

This no punch towards St. Patrick or Coach Hinson, but I do not remember all of this talk the last two years when they got a "favorable draw".

 

My response to your regular season question is you are not remembered for your regular season, you are remembered for what you do when it counts at tournament time.

Then why even play a regular season, if Augusta, can’t beat the teams in their district in the regular season then they deserve to play Mason, and some for anyone else. I hate that Augusta benefits so much from playing their opponents two three times a year and lose to them, and then third or fourth time is the charm!!! Not seeding is not something I will not get over because it makes no sense!!

 

Well if they were seeding this year then Augusta would be playing St. Patrick again, so its actually Bracken that hasn't won a district game.:sssh:

Well if they were seeding this year then Augusta would be playing St. Patrick again, so its actually Bracken that hasn't won a district game.:sssh:

 

Right then it would be Bracken and Mason, the St. Pat. and Augusta. In which case St. Pat. still wouldn't make it to the region. Although I would like to see them pull of a miracle upset.

I also feel for Owens and Anderson, who in all likelihood will miss playing in the 10th Region torrney. That being said; it's not like St. Pat hasn't had their chances in recent years.

 

Good luck to all teams in the 39th!

Then why even play a regular season, if Augusta, can’t beat the teams in their district in the regular season then they deserve to play Mason, and some for anyone else. I hate that Augusta benefits so much from playing their opponents two three times a year and lose to them, and then third or fourth time is the charm!!! Not seeding is not something I will not get over because it makes no sense!!

 

Mason County does not want to come to Augusta/Bracken/ or St. Pat to play a game when they could be playing Scott County/Lexington Catholic/ or Cov Cath.

 

Do not blame Augusta for your misfortunes, it is the luck of the draw and that is all.

Mason County does not want to come to Augusta to play a game when they could be playing Scott County or Lexington Catholic.

 

So Augusta is not the only team that did not vote to seed. Other teams did as well.

 

This no punch towards St. Patrick or Coach Hinson, but I do not remember all of this talk the last two years when they got a "favorable draw".

 

My response to your regular season question is you are not remembered for your regular season, you are remembered for what you do when it counts at tournament time.

 

I can't believe Mason or fans wanting a home and home w/ all parties involved, I live a while away and will be going to Field House to watch Mason/Elliott and would not be if was Mason/Augusta.

This is one of the few districts that I think should be done by live draw.

Is the district seeded if the votes are 2-2 or does it take a 3-1 vote to seed?

Is the district seeded if the votes are 2-2 or does it take a 3-1 vote to seed?

 

Must be 3-1 from what I understand. Things stay the same if there is a tie.

I wish the KHSAA would require districts to seed. It just makes sense, is fair and would be better for the kids IMO.

I know it may be a HUGE upset but St Pat has a good team. Mason Co can't look over St Pat.

I agree with you coacharn21. St Pat is the second best team in the district and they got to play the number 1 team. It make no sense

Seeding couldnt have been worse for the Saints. I wonder which schools favor seeding and whiich ones dont. I dont imagine it matters to Mason.

St Pat's has had an excellent year and a shame this draw came out the way it did. Chris Owen and Nick Anderson have had stellar careers. From what I hear both Chris and Nick will continue to play ball at the next level and that is great indeed. they are very good players and even better people and hope the future will be bright for both

Seeding couldnt have been worse for the Saints. I wonder which schools favor seeding and whiich ones dont. I dont imagine it matters to Mason.

St Pat's has had an excellent year and a shame this draw came out the way it did. Chris Owen and Nick Anderson have had stellar careers. From what I hear both Chris and Nick will continue to play ball at the next level and that is great indeed. they are very good players and even better people and hope the future will be bright for both

Posted this before I was able to read the other comments about seeding. I now understand why there is no seeding in the District.

I know it may be a HUGE upset but St Pat has a good team. Mason Co can't look over St Pat.

You are correct the Royals had better not look past the Saints or anybody else for that matter. Upsets happen and that is why the game is played anything can happen especially in a high school game.

Seeding was voted on today and defeated by a 3-1 margin. Bracken County was the only school to vote for it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.