Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard 63 Rose Hill 54 OT

Featured Replies

C'mon now. You've been to plenty of Elliott Co. games you've said. Wings and a diet pepsi will be fine thanks.

 

Elliott Co. are my boys. You must remember the my wife is from Elliott County:ylsuper:

  • Replies 85
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Richmond. Hazard played a very good fourth quarter, congratulations. I am proud of all the kids from the Hill. They have nothing to be ashamed of.

As for Tony Arthur, on top of everything else he excels in, he is one of greatest kids it has been my privilege to know. Being the only senior on such a young team is difficult. But being the only senior, due to the situations that have occurred with this team, and still working hard, shows a lot about his character. He is a loyal friend to David and a true team player.

But from the posters on here, they say RH bench has played better over the last couple of weeks.....

 

Give me another excuse....:thumb:

 

What a classy post! I don't think RH owes you any excuse for the way the players and fans represented the 16th this week in Richmond.

 

Congrats to hazard on a great comeback. Seemed like once the momentem changed Rose Hill just could not stop it. Keep your heads up boys; you did the 16th region proud!

OMG! :eek: What a game! Hazard came into McBrayer Arena today to face Rose Hill in the semifinal round of the All A tournament. We started out fairly well, jumping out to a four point lead, but it didn't seem we could ever gain our momentum, partially due to Rose Hill, of course, but also because we didn't seem to have the gusto we usually display in a big game. :scared: The game drug on and we were down by four a halftime. Then the third quarter came along...probably our worst quarter of the entire year...and we found ourself down 15 and wondering what had happened. :confused: Perhaps our boys finally looked at the score and at the clock, or maybe the coach finally woke them up...whatever it was, Randy Lewis came into the game and gave us some really good minutes on defense as well as offense and he hit a three from the parking lot (well about 23 feet out) and cut the lead to 12. Then things began to happen and you could almost see the momentum switch to Hazard, as our shots began to fall and we actually began to MAKE OUR FREETHROWS, and we tied the game.:banana: I couldn't believe it, as we had been down by 16 at one point! The determined dogs hung tough and with 9.9 seconds left we had the ball, called a timeout and set up a play. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off and Rose Hill hit it out of bounds. With 0.03 seconds left, we got the ball under our goal and coach set up a beautiful play. :jump: The ball was passed in to Justine Jones who caught it while up in the air and tipped it into the goal. Victory for Hazard...right? :thumb: NO, THEY WAVED IT OFF and to overtime we went. :madman: It was all dogs in the overtime and we ended up with a 9 point victory thanks to hitting our shots and FREETHROWS and our defense stepping it up a notch!:fight:

 

First I must offer my congratulations to Rose Hill and say you have a great young team and I think our paths just might cross again in the All A again next year.:lol:

 

I must also say congratulations to the bulldogs for making one of the best come backs I have seen in years. Josh Whitaker was most valuable player and Randy Lewis should also be congratulated on a wonderful job of coming off the bench and instigating a real come back victory.:ylsuper:

 

Now, on the UHA tomorrow at 3:00. Best wishes, dogs!:dancingpa

 

Remember...it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog!

 

Go Bulldogs!:flame:

Wow!!! You're happy and excited. :D

Congratulations to Hazard. They have represented our region well. Cut the nets down tomorrow.:thumb:

 

BTW, that post might be a BGP record for most Smilies used.

The bottom line in this one is Rose Hill played a great 3 quarters but did not match the intensity Hazard came out with to start the 4th quarter cutting the 14 point lead to 10 or so. Then when Jackson picked up the 3rd and 4th fouls and went to the bench(my guess is for 4 minutes in the 4th) Rose Hill could not get into their offense and Hazard seized the moment. Rose Hill only scored, I believe, only 6 in the 4th, not enough. A great showing for RH and the 16th, congrats to Hazard and good luck against UH.

I want to point out that Hazard's principal Happy Mobelini got up from his seat and got the fans excited and into the game even when the players were struggling. this helped pick them up. It made a difference. Fan support and community support is big at Hazard. I was very impressed with Euton and Jackson. There for a while I didn't think Euton was going to miss. But with that said with 2:17 remaining in the third quarter with the score 43-28 Hazard went on a 35-11 run to end the game. Momentum is everything in High School Basketball.

I want to point out that Hazard's principal Happy Mobelini got up from his seat and got the fans excited and into the game even when the players were struggling. this helped pick them up. It made a difference. Fan support and community support is big at Hazard. I was very impressed with Euton and Jackson. There for a while I didn't think Euton was going to miss. But with that said with 2:17 remaining in the third quarter with the score 43-28 Hazard went on a 35-11 run to end the game. Momentum is everything in High School Basketball.

 

I agree, I thought Hazard's fan support was a big part of the comeback. Got everyone fired up at the right time!! We will need that kind of fan support again for 4 quarters today!! Go Dawgs! :thumb:

Let me explain about the last shot in regulation. It has been proven that with less than .7 seconds it is impossible to catch and shoot. The officials even meet at midcourt prior to the play and I imagine that is what they discussed because as soon as the Hazard player caught the ball they immediately waved it off.

 

Whitaker play great down the stretch and made a huge play to give Hazard a 2 point lead late. Hazard is very young I believe they only have 1 senior.

 

I think you mean .3 seconds........Its at this point the attempt must be a "tap" and not a shot......

I think you mean .3 seconds........Its at this point the attempt must be a "tap" and not a shot......

What I think he meant is that you have to have at least .7 seconds to catch and shoot. Anything less would require a "tap". I believe this stems from that Derrick Fisher boy from the Lakers a couple of seasons back in the NBA playoffs. And yes, there was .3 on the clock and the boy from Hazard caught and shot, not tapped. Correct call.

I think you mean .3 seconds........Its at this point the attempt must be a "tap" and not a shot......

 

 

So are you trying to say that RickyP needs to brush up on the rule book before he does anymore yelling and screaming at the officials? :D

So are you trying to say that RickyP needs to brush up on the rule book before he does anymore yelling and screaming at the officials? :D

 

Don't give RickyP a rule book , he would only throw it at the referees:laugh:

It has taken all weekend to get over the tough loss and post. Really just have not been near a computer. Great game with all the drama of March Madness. I hate it for the boys from Rose Hill, but keep your heads up, you represented the 16th region well. I know it will only help this young team in the long run, but it was still tough to watch. As a parent and coach I felt for the boys as the seconds ticked away in overtime. I will have to say great job Hazard for not ever giving up or giving in when you had so many chances to do so. That is an attribute to your character and the coaches around you.

 

As for the game I knew it was bad when Jackson picked up his 4th foul and had to sit. RH had trouble handling the ball when he went out. I still am not a fan of slowing down the game when we ran them out of the gym in the 3rd quater but all teams do it and Rh is just going to have to get better at it, RH needs to learn how to play with a lead and that will ocme with age.

 

Very proud of the indivdual efforts of our kids at RH. Euton big night, Jackson was big all weekend (congrats on the all tournament selection) and is the grease that turns the wheel, Davis stepped up and grew up this weekend and if they make it to Sunday would have been an all tournament selection, which he still played like an all tournament player( I am nor being biased if you want to think that by my avatoar), he played superb. Barber hit big shots and Arthur was unbelieveable on defense, and the wearing of #50 might have been one of the most classiest things I have seen from a high school player in years.

 

Don't hang your heads royals, keep up the good work, build off of the success of this week and take it to the next level down the stretch.

Although I did not get to see the game it sounds like it was a great game between the two teams. Congrats to Hazard, coming back the way you did was amazing.

What I think he meant is that you have to have at least .7 seconds to catch and shoot. Anything less would require a "tap". I believe this stems from that Derrick Fisher boy from the Lakers a couple of seasons back in the NBA playoffs. And yes, there was .3 on the clock and the boy from Hazard caught and shot, not tapped. Correct call.

 

So are you trying to say that RickyP needs to brush up on the rule book before he does anymore yelling and screaming at the officials? :D

 

Don, per the rule, when there is .3 or less on the clock, any attempt must be a "tap"..........I dont know where/why RickyP came up with the .7 number.

 

LRCW......I didnt intend to infer such a thing to RickyP. I thought maybe it was a typo that he put .7 instead of .3..........But you do make a good point, it wouldnt hurt for all of us to brush up on the rules a bit before we "yell and scream".........

But you do make a good point, it wouldnt hurt for all of us to brush up on the rules a bit before we "yell and scream".........

 

Where is the fun in that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.