Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write This Down!

Featured Replies

  • Author
I am not saying he is leaving after this year, but being NBA ready is not really been issue in the past. NBA drafts potential, when it goes after young players.

Do you think Patterson is a guy scouts would see as "huge upside"? I don't. He's very talented, but he's more of a banger, hard nosed, work horse type. That's not your typical one and done lottery pick...

  • Replies 76
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How good does this sound..

Jasper Meeks Liggins Miller Patterson:thumb:

 

 

That's one long name. Are you sure your wife will go for that?

Average 10 assists? When was the last time a major college PG did that?

 

When is the last time a UK PG averaged 7?

 

He can average 10 in a few years I am saying, from what I have seen in videos of him, he has great court vision.

I think Miller will be able to score.

He can average 10 in a few years I am saying, from what I have seen in videos of him, he has great court vision.

 

If you mean a few years combined then yes.

Do you think Patterson is a guy scouts would see as "huge upside"? I don't. He's very talented, but he's more of a banger, hard nosed, work horse type. That's not your typical one and done lottery pick...

 

 

I'm with you on this one. If Patterson were 6'11" or 7'0" and really raw except for power moves I could see him getting drafted on his potential. As it is he's 6'8" and you can't draft him hoping that he'll grow. He also doesn't have the all-around game like Mashburn did at UK. He needs more time to develop more of an mid-range jumper (which isn't horrible but isn't consistant either) and his passing game. I don't think his family is in dire financial straits so I can't see him going after this year.

It's not often I go out on this limb, but I'm feeling it tonight. ;)

 

The real core of this UK team going forward is on three guys on the current roster, and I see no reason to think otherwise. Patterson, Meeks and Jasper are guys I want in the trenches on my squad. They are tough, physical and care about winning above all else.

 

Cut to the chase you say? If they all stick around for two more years, these three guys are the core of a Final Four team.

 

Keep the faith UK fans, the future is bright if you can wait for the clouds to pass... ;)

 

It's not often that you say anything good about U.K. without a "shot" or "jab" following it.:D So I have been waiting on the punch line.:sssh::D

 

As for what you have said here, I completely agree. Meeks and Jasper along with Patterson are definately a core that can be built on (and just imagine that, they are 3 OTS recruits.....:sssh: J/K/, couldn't resist). This season was not imo going to be a "banner" season but I did think that this team would win 20+. That was with Meeks and Jasper healthy.

Should we get Meeks and Jasper back at 100% and in "game shape" this U.K. team will not win the SEC but they may determine who does ;). With everyone healthy imo this team can beat some people.

Good things are in the future for U.K. basketball, the Cats will be back on top sooner rather than later. :thumb:

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Do you think Patterson is a guy scouts would see as "huge upside"? I don't. He's very talented, but he's more of a banger, hard nosed, work horse type. That's not your typical one and done lottery pick...

 

So you don't think he would be a good pro?

Again if you add Liggins and Miller to what we have coming back next year and you have a top 25 team. The only problem and im sure GT knows this is the PF spot. It looks like no help is on board for 08, but if they can cash in on Liggins' friend Clarence Trent in 09 this can be a very dangerous team.

 

Can't agree more that it is raining in Lexington right now, but there are much brighter days to come.

  • Author
So you don't think he would be a good pro?

I think he should be a very solid pro after a few more years of seasoning...

I think he should be a very solid pro after a few more years of seasoning...

 

He will be a very solid pro. I see him being a Carlos Boozer type.

I think he should be a very solid pro after a few more years of seasoning...

 

If the scouts see something they like he will move on. I am pretty sure their are no scouts on here, so we will have to wait and see.

 

IMO, I see him staying in Lex for at least 2 years.

I see Patterson being first round material after next season, if he chooses to go. I hope he stays till after his JR year.

 

(GT... you gotta take that avatar down after what Ben Wallace did to him this weekend) :eek:

  • Author

(GT... you gotta take that avatar down after what Ben Wallace did to him this weekend) :eek:

 

I'm pretending it didn't happen... :lol:

are you a fan of him GT or was that a bet?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.