Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 79 Rowan County 50

Featured Replies

I need to go see an Elliott Co game.

 

I admit that the other night I was being a bit critical of Elliott Co. Normally I don't do that without watching a team play. I played at a small catholic "A" school and I normally support the small schools. I think my best chance to watch these guys play is going to be when they play Mason Co.

 

Does Elliott Co play any schools further up north (NKY - 9th or 10th region)?

 

I'm hoping Brossart makes the All "A" in Richmond too. That would give me another chance to see these guys.

 

For the record, I have no beef on Elliott Co, other than the fact that when you winning games by so much ( like they have been doing) why not dress a couple more players (2 or 3 players from jv/freshman) and mix them in with the varsity so they can get the speed of the game down. That's my only beef. Other than that, I like what I'm hearing about.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the one on Ferguson was chippy. But I think it was more to keep the Rowan players from maybe getting out of hand. They had warned the Rowan player that got the "T" earlier when he was at the free throw line after he shoved his way past Chris Knipp to get to the line after the hand check foul that was called on Knipp. IMO they were just nipping a possible situation in the bud.

 

I dont think it was to keep Rowan from getting out of hand because right after the player shoved Knipp and got a T two plays later # 15 for Rowan Blocked Ferg and in the process tore his head off(no foul) he jumped up in Fergs face and did the same scream with his hands clenched like a weight lifter whos showing off his chest. the same ref who t'd Ferg was standing right there.:mad: What Ferg did was not even a show of emotion compared to that kid!!!!!!!!!!!!:madman:

I need to go see an Elliott Co game.

 

I admit that the other night I was being a bit critical of Elliott Co. Normally I don't do that without watching a team play. I played at a small catholic "A" school and I normally support the small schools. I think my best chance to watch these guys play is going to be when they play Mason Co.

 

Does Elliott Co play any schools further up north (NKY - 9th or 10th region)?

 

I'm hoping Brossart makes the All "A" in Richmond too. That would give me another chance to see these guys.

 

For the record, I have no beef on Elliott Co, other than the fact that when you winning games by so much ( like they have been doing) why not dress a couple more players (2 or 3 players from jv/freshman) and mix them in with the varsity so they can get the speed of the game down. That's my only beef. Other than that, I like what I'm hearing about.

The Mason game would be your be your best chance. And as far as not playing more kids, and I'm not saying I agree with it. But that is what coach Mays has always done. Even in years past when they were taking beatings like the ones they are giving this year, he only played 7 or 8 kids

The boys from Sandy Hook will all get it togeher in a game or 2 an break out another 100+ game , just you wait and see. GOOOOOOOOO Lions. ! ! ! !

and the ref that called it, well I have nothing positive to say about his entire officiating game tonight, so I will refrain from commenting. !

 

I think you just did.

They played well the 1st q and that was it. The 2,3,4 there was alot of 1 pass then a shot didnt look like they were very excited to be there after the 1st q.

:lol:

 

Not so sure, according to the CovCath drum beaters that lockdown "D" really wore on the EC kids. It might take a couple more weeks

 

That combined with playing 3 games in a row. I think CovCath was playing their 2nd game in a row. Is that correct?

Now to the Ref's

 

 

 

The guy I was sitting beside looks at me when the Ref's come out and says, Wonder who will get a T Tonight? I thought that was strange but I dont think so now.

I was just being stupid with the one comment.

 

Edit...

That combined with playing 3 games in a row. I think CovCath was playing their 2nd game in a row. Is that correct?

 

Yes, that is correct

Does anyone have stats for the game? I assume Elliott had a scorekeeper for this one. Good win for the Lions.

Does anyone have stats for the game? I assume Elliott had a scorekeeper for this one. Good win for the Lions.

 

I think this are right or close to it.

This come from the Lexington Paper

 

Ferguson 29

Faulkners both with 12

C. Knipp 11

Flannery 3

Maynard 5

Morgan 2

T. Knipp 3

Center 2

Congrats to Elliott on the win. I was not there, nor do i know what happened, but each team and head coach is made aware of the no taunting before the game. They are specifically told to taunting or baiting in any form, This is your warning. I Technical foul will be given if we seen anything to this nature. This could be as little as tring to get your crowd to make some noise, holding your follow threw while running down the floor. Anything to bring attention to yourself could be considered taunting.

 

If everything was just black and white, we wouldn't need any refs, judgement calls are made everygame, just part of the game.

This could be as little as tring to get your crowd to make some noise,.

 

A ref who would call a T on the above should re-evaluate his desire to be an official.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.