Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 79 Rowan County 50

Featured Replies

A ref who would call a T on the above should re-evaluate his desire to be an official.

 

Not saying this should be a T, and i agree that could be touchy. But inciting a crowd reaction good or bad is something that can lead to trouble. If a coach turns around and incites his crowd to protest a call is this a show sportsmand ship or showing up the official. Basketball is played between the lines in the floor, not the people who paid to see what goes on.

 

This show of emotion is something that really brings passion to the game. But if you act like you been there and done it before, these things would not be an issue. That was what I liked about Barry Sanders.

 

But each team is let known of the sportsman ship card before the game. Just a thought

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That combined with playing 3 games in a row. I think CovCath was playing their 2nd game in a row. Is that correct?

 

I am hoping the Elliott kids and staff have the ability to get over a loss and put it behind them unlike a few of their fans seen to have?

 

Let it go.

I am hoping the Elliott kids and staff have the ability to get over a loss and put it behind them unlike a few of their fans seen to have?

 

Let it go.

 

I was replying to post #17 and I don't think that was from an Elliott fan. :thumb:

Not saying this should be a T, and i agree that could be touchy. But inciting a crowd reaction good or bad is something that can lead to trouble. If a coach turns around and incites his crowd to protest a call is this a show sportsmand ship or showing up the official. Basketball is played between the lines in the floor, not the people who paid to see what goes on.

 

 

Inciting the crowd after a controversial call is much different than what we usually see with high school kids trying to get their crowd involved. I'd T the former and not the latter.

Inciting the crowd after a controversial call is much different than what we usually see with high school kids trying to get their crowd involved. I'd T the former and not the latter.

 

As would I, but just saying judgement calls going "by the book" are usually what leads to trouble. A ref has to have a constantance about him. When i coached, played, or refed. I always wanted this out of an offical.

 

How would you feel about having referees in "crews". Kinda like football, three guys in a crew. Two older ones, one younger. This Crew would do the JV and Varsity games. The more you work with an official the better the game seems to be called.

I was replying to post #17 and I don't think that was from an Elliott fan. :thumb:

 

.......who in turn was replying to an Elliott co fan.

I guess they , the refs did the est they could do.

As would I, but just saying judgement calls going "by the book" are usually what leads to trouble. A ref has to have a constantance about him. When i coached, played, or refed. I always wanted this out of an offical.

 

How would you feel about having referees in "crews". Kinda like football, three guys in a crew. Two older ones, one younger. This Crew would do the JV and Varsity games. The more you work with an official the better the game seems to be called.

 

The crew concept doesn't do much for me. Just give me 2 or 3 good refs.

I think this are right or close to it.

This come from the Lexington Paper

 

Ferguson 29

Faulkners both with 12

C. Knipp 11

Flannery 3

Maynard 5

Morgan 2

T. Knipp 3

Center 2

 

I'm not sure on any of the rest of the stats, but Ethan Faulkner also had 16 rebounds and 7 assists. Pretty good line from your point gaurd.

He is always around the ball. He is probably averaging close to double figures in rebounds. The Faulkners seem to dart in there and come up with the rebounds all the time. That where playing with heart and not size pays dividends!

.......who in turn was replying to an Elliott co fan.

 

That has nothing to do with my post. :thumb:

He is always around the ball. He is probably averaging close to double figures in rebounds. The Faulkners seem to dart in there and come up with the rebounds all the time. That where playing with heart and not size pays dividends!

 

Oh, I agree completely. Could you imagine if the twins and Ferguson were all in the 6' 4" to 6' 6" range, with the way they play it would be unreal.

If they were a little taller, I'd say Billy Gillispie would know the back roads to Sandy Hook, never mind they're all back roads.

That has nothing to do with my post. :thumb:

 

OK .... Sorry...... :rolleyes:

If they were a little taller, I'd say Billy Gillispie would know the back roads to Sandy Hook, never mind they're all back roads.

 

True statement. Also I'd say he already knows how to get there. They had the younger Knipp down to Midnight Madness and the LSU football game this past year. And before next year is out............who knows???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.