Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boys Class A Favorites

Featured Replies

FBD, Mustang probably saw only one game in which Gallatin played last year. In that one game, Edmondson was a factor. It is amuzing to me to see guys like this post on here and think they know all about a team, or a certain player based off of one or at the most 2 games. :irked:

 

Take the game against Holmes last night for example. If Mustang watched that game, he might be here today saying the Maddox was not very good. We know different. Maddox played very well within the game and did not force things. He did not have the big scoring game that we were accustomed to seeing him have, but he got many others involved. A true team player in my opinion.;)

 

 

You may be vastly underestimating Mustang's knowledge of both the game and last years' Gallatin team BCB?? I saw several of their games, and I think, while certainly much more than a one man team, Nate was certainly their "go to guy", and thus a very big loss to graduation!!

  • Replies 97
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I've been trying to complile a list of the various regions and favorites so . . . if I've left some out, please feel free to add them in.

 

 

Class A Favorites 2008

 

1st:

2nd: University Heights

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

8th: Gallatin

9th: NewCath, St. Henry, Holy Cross, Beechwood

10th: St. Pats, Deming, Brossart

11th: Lexington Christian

12th: Somerset, Danville

13th: Cumberland

14th: June Buchanan, Hazard

15th: Paintsville, Shelby Valley

16th: Elliott, Bath Co., Rose Hill

I've been trying to complile a list of the various regions and favorites so . . . if I've left some out, please feel free to add them in.

 

 

Class A Favorites 2008

 

1st:

2nd: University Heights

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

8th: Gallatin

9th: NewCath, St. Henry, Holy Cross, Beechwood

10th: St. Pats, Deming, Brossart

11th: Lexington Christian

12th: Somerset, Danville

13th: Cumberland

14th: June Buchanan, Hazard

15th: Paintsville, Shelby Valley

16th: Elliott, Bath Co., Rose Hill

 

Owensboro Catholic has been tough in the 3rd, Holy Cross in the 6th, and I'd have to like Bardstown in the 5th.

FBD, Mustang probably saw only one game in which Gallatin played last year. In that one game, Edmondson was a factor. It is amuzing to me to see guys like this post on here and think they know all about a team, or a certain player based off of one or at the most 2 games. :irked:

 

Take the game against Holmes last night for example. If Mustang watched that game, he might be here today saying the Maddox was not very good. We know different. Maddox played very well within the game and did not force things. He did not have the big scoring game that we were accustomed to seeing him have, but he got many others involved. A true team player in my opinion.;)

Wow! I must have hit a raw nerve.

 

I think I asked a question and didn't make a statement of fact.

 

Secondly, I would have hoped that I might have earned some respect for my years of trying to make intelligent, reasonable posts since March of 2001, instead of being flung into the generalized "Guys Like This" trash pit.

 

Perhaps your answer would have been better served to be - "While Edmonson was a key factor in 2006-07 he was surrounded with a great supporting cast who have proven over and again this year, and most recently against Holmes, that they can compete with the elite "A" teams in the state this year. I think that the Wildcats have a great chance to make some major noise and perhaps bring home all of the marbles in Richmond this year."

 

No apology needed. ;)

I'll take Hazard in the 14th.

Wow! I must have hit a raw nerve.

 

I think I asked a question and didn't make a statement of fact.

 

Secondly, I would have hoped that I might have earned some respect for my years of trying to make intelligent, reasonable posts since March of 2001, instead of being flung into the generalized "Guys Like This" trash pit.

 

Perhaps your answer would have been better served to be - "While Edmonson was a key factor in 2006-07 he was surrounded with a great supporting cast who have proven over and again this year, and most recently against Holmes, that they can compete with the elite "A" teams in the state this year. I think that the Wildcats have a great chance to make some major noise and perhaps bring home all of the marbles in Richmond this year."

 

No apology needed. ;)

 

Yeah, It's just we hear so much from everyone that we lost so much from last year and we believe we are even better than last year. :cool:

Holy Cross, NewCath and Beechwood are my favorites in the 9th Region.

Yeah, It's just we hear so much from everyone that we lost so much from last year and we believe we are even better than last year. :cool:
Excellent!!!

 

I think I made the statement that Gallatin County would be a most deserving winner. I'll stand by it.

 

They've knocked on the door and lost to the eventual champion the last two years (betcha didn't know that I knew that). I'd like nothing more than to see bona fide Class "A" Gallatin County knock off some of this year's "big dogs" and bring the big hardware back to Warsaw where it would truly be appreciated.

I'll take Gallatin County in the 8th only because the All A is played at Gallatin. Walton Verona will give them a game but the homecourt advantage will be too much for them to overcome.

I'll take Gallatin County in the 8th only because the All A is played at Gallatin. Walton Verona will give them a game but the homecourt advantage will be too much for them to overcome.

 

Didn't Gallatin beat walton on their homecourt with one of their best players out? I am not sure but I think it went down that way.

Gallatin would be a most deserving winner.

 

Can they overcome the loss of Edmondson and be a major factor in Richmond???

 

Mustang Nate was a good player, but no more important than Cody Perkins, Trent Maddox, Taylor Jones, carlton, Henson, Brown, and I could go on and on. Teamwork not an individual is what drives the GC team to be the best they can be.

After Elliott's run in the 5/3rd, you've got to like their chances on winning it all. I thought last year's runner-up Bardstown returned a lot this year?

 

Surely you don't think Elliott could make a run in the All A. I mean you know they wouldn't be playing those weak 16th region teams don't you????:fire:

Holy Cross, NewCath and Beechwood are my favorites in the 9th Region.

 

Not picking on you Hamilton Joe, but this is about the fourth post on the ninth A favorites that list Beechwood. Yours happened to be last, so I quoted it.

 

Quick question, is Newport in the A this year? They almost always are.

 

If they are, they just beat Beechwood, so how are they not a favorite if the Tigers are?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.