Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is BCG really the problem.

Featured Replies

I see BCG as only a sympton of the real problem and I believe the cancer at UK is Mitch Barnhart!

He has no tradition is his backround or understanding of expectations. He tries to just win enough to keeps the Wolves at bay. He has not put together programs that year in and year out are competing for titles in the major sports. His fund raising is terrible he continues to alienate the very people around the program that has seen the top of the mountain. If Kentucky fans are satisfied with mediocre seasons and early exits from title contention the Mitch is your man. I say fire Barnhart and hire a Kentucky person who knows what winning is all about to run things in Lexington

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I agree with you. He ran off Tubby Smith.

You are so wrong Barnhart would have kept Tubby forever. He is a perfect fit with Barnhart.

You are so wrong Barnhart would have kept Tubby forever. He is a perfect fit with Barnhart.

 

So you dont like Tubby or Mitch?:confused:

  • Author
It's been 9 GAMES. CHILL.

It has been many seasons in Mens bball, Womens bball, football, baseball.

Outside of the improvement to mid level success of the football team the others have had a good year or two but no real consistency or titles to speak of.

I see BCG as only a sympton of the real problem and I believe the cancer at UK is Mitch Barnhart!

He has no tradition is his backround or understanding of expectations. He tries to just win enough to keeps the Wolves at bay. He has not put together programs that year in and year out are competing for titles in the major sports. His fund raising is terrible he continues to alienate the very people around the program that has seen the top of the mountain. If Kentucky fans are satisfied with mediocre seasons and early exits from title contention the Mitch is your man. I say fire Barnhart and hire a Kentucky person who knows what winning is all about to run things in Lexington

 

Funny story. The wolves you mention are the people that have landed UK on probation at a NCAA record level...

I dont' know how many different ways we can analyze this same topic, but in my opinion, its still early, lots of injuries, new sheriff in town - this is what happens.

  • Author

Tubby was not a great coach. a pretty good coach maybe. But not for a elite program. I don't think NC or Duke or Kansas would knock on his door.

Tubby was not a great coach. a pretty good coach maybe. But not for a elite program. I don't think NC or Duke or Kansas would knock on his door.

 

They wouldn't, they've already seen how he destroyed UK.

  • Author
Funny story. The wolves you mention are the people that have landed UK on probation at a NCAA record level...

 

Name one of the old guard that has landed UK on probation. The ones that have were not from the folks who year in and year out have been called on by the University for help.

It has been many seasons in Mens bball, Womens bball, football, baseball.

Outside of the improvement to mid level success of the football team the others have had a good year or two but no real consistency or titles to speak of.

 

Name one school that "year in and year out" (your words) competes for national titles in all 4 sports you have listed?

 

I say fire Barnhart and hire a Kentucky person who knows what winning is all about to run things in Lexington

 

A Kentucky person? Who?

Tubby was not a great coach. a pretty good coach maybe. But not for a elite program. I don't think NC or Duke or Kansas would knock on his door.

 

I don't know, there were reports of Duke being interested in him when they thought Coach K was going to the Lakers. Just from their message boards that is, so really how reliable is that

  • Author
Name one school that "year in and year out" (your words) competes for national titles in all 4 sports you have listed?

 

I say fire Barnhart and hire a Kentucky person who knows what winning is all about to run things in Lexington

 

A Kentucky person? Who?

I did not mean all programs but show me one and I can name many schools who compete year in and out for titles in a program.

  • Author

LSU in football, baseball and Womens bball

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.