Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is BCG really the problem.

Featured Replies

I see BCG as only a sympton of the real problem and I believe the cancer at UK is Mitch Barnhart!

He has no tradition is his backround or understanding of expectations. He tries to just win enough to keeps the Wolves at bay. He has not put together programs that year in and year out are competing for titles in the major sports. His fund raising is terrible he continues to alienate the very people around the program that has seen the top of the mountain. If Kentucky fans are satisfied with mediocre seasons and early exits from title contention the Mitch is your man. I say fire Barnhart and hire a Kentucky person who knows what winning is all about to run things in Lexington

 

 

Who are the wolves you speak of?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Who are the wolves you speak of?

The fan base. I am a season ticket holder and regular donor to the fundraisers, and I have never seen Rupp so quiet and as many empty seats. The large donors are dwindling and not wanting to support the collapse of a once proud organization. It is the only way to get a reaction from the Board of trustees. Hit them in the billfold

You need guidance on this King and I am here free of charge. Just think back to the Dallas Cowboys in Jimmy Johnson's first year. What did they win...one game or two? A few years later they had a couple of Super Bowls. Think of Rich Brooks. The early days of Dairy Queen!!! It all turns out OK.

  • Author
You need guidance on this King and I am here free of charge. Just think back to the Dallas Cowboys in Jimmy Johnson's first year. What did they win...one game or two? A few years later they had a couple of Super Bowls. Think of Rich Brooks. The early days of Dairy Queen!!! It all turns out OK.

 

There might be light at the end of the tunnell after all. I remember an upstart legal eagle whose star is now right alongside Clearance Thomas,:dancingpa so I guess there is always hope

There might be light at the end of the tunnell after all. I remember an upstart legal eagle whose star is now right alongside Clearance Thomas,:dancingpa so I guess there is always hope

 

Yeah. CAtty BadCat sure is one hot property right now.:banana:

You guys all know where I stand on this issue but it is still to early to do anything crazy.

IMO, with the exception of Men's B-ball, most of the sports at UK are better now than they were when he got here. Pretty much everyone of his hires has done well.

  • Author

I dont believe any of the programs have had more than a minimal amount of success. Is his job to maintain status quo or to try to build programs . Maybe wins and losses or TITLES are not part of his job description. Then I guess he is fine if we are not intersested in competing at the highest level

I see BCG as only a sympton of the real problem and I believe the cancer at UK is Mitch Barnhart!

He has no tradition is his backround or understanding of expectations. He tries to just win enough to keeps the Wolves at bay. He has not put together programs that year in and year out are competing for titles in the major sports. His fund raising is terrible he continues to alienate the very people around the program that has seen the top of the mountain. If Kentucky fans are satisfied with mediocre seasons and early exits from title contention the Mitch is your man. I say fire Barnhart and hire a Kentucky person who knows what winning is all about to run things in Lexington

 

You have to be joking, right? Barnhart the problem? I don't think so! All he is done is good things. The coach he hired has turned the football program around or at least headed in the right direction. Not to mention the coach that everyone wanted him to hire just got fired at Baylor. He went against all people telling him he should hire Morris and went with his gut and hired Brooks which has turned out to be a good move. Second, the baseball coach he hired John Cohen has turned the baseball program into a consistent national ranked team. Four of UK's athletic coaches were named SEC Coach of the Year honors and all were hired by Barnhart. I think that is pretty impressive myself. I wish people would remember that Tubby left on his own, Barnhart didn't fire him. He told Minnesota last December that he was interested in that job. Well before all the pressure at the end of the year. I honestly don't see how someone can criticize Billy G after 9 games in his tenure. And even more shocking, someone saying fire Barnhardt because the Cats are 4-5. It completely blows my mind. People..we have to be realistic. We are in a transition period and it's going to take time. We didn't get in this shape overnight and we're not going to get out of it overnight. To think that Billy G was going to come to Lexington and have a 25-5 season right off the bat is unrealistic. The only player that he has brought in is the only bright spot on the team in Patterson. It's the fanatical unrealisticly demanding fans around the bluegrass that give UK fans a bad reputation around college basketball as being stupid crazies. Give Billy G time, let him recruit his players and implement his system and things are going to change. He's done it at 2 other schools who don't have near the amount of resources that UK has. You just have to be patient. I truely believe that we'll be cutting down nets in the next 3-5 years. It took Pitino 7!!

The fan base. I am a season ticket holder and regular donor to the fundraisers, and I have never seen Rupp so quiet and as many empty seats. The large donors are dwindling and not wanting to support the collapse of a once proud organization. It is the only way to get a reaction from the Board of trustees. Hit them in the billfold

 

That is a true shame. People come out of the woodwork when things are good.

It has been many seasons in Mens bball, Womens bball, football, baseball.

Outside of the improvement to mid level success of the football team the others have had a good year or two but no real consistency or titles to speak of.

 

That's not true. The coaches that Barnhart has hired are doing great things in several sports.

You have to be joking, right? Barnhart the problem? I don't think so! All he is done is good things. The coach he hired has turned the football program around or at least headed in the right direction. Not to mention the coach that everyone wanted him to hire just got fired at Baylor. He went against all people telling him he should hire Morris and went with his gut and hired Brooks which has turned out to be a good move. Second, the baseball coach he hired John Cohen has turned the baseball program into a consistent national ranked team. Four of UK's athletic coaches were named SEC Coach of the Year honors and all were hired by Barnhart. I think that is pretty impressive myself. I wish people would remember that Tubby left on his own, Barnhart didn't fire him. He told Minnesota last December that he was interested in that job. Well before all the pressure at the end of the year. I honestly don't see how someone can criticize Billy G after 9 games in his tenure. And even more shocking, someone saying fire Barnhardt because the Cats are 4-5. It completely blows my mind. People..we have to be realistic. We are in a transition period and it's going to take time. We didn't get in this shape overnight and we're not going to get out of it overnight. To think that Billy G was going to come to Lexington and have a 25-5 season right off the bat is unrealistic. The only player that he has brought in is the only bright spot on the team in Patterson. It's the fanatical unrealisticly demanding fans around the bluegrass that give UK fans a bad reputation around college basketball as being stupid crazies. Give Billy G time, let him recruit his players and implement his system and things are going to change. He's done it at 2 other schools who don't have near the amount of resources that UK has. You just have to be patient. I truely believe that we'll be cutting down nets in the next 3-5 years. It took Pitino 7!!

 

I agree with everything you said, blaming Barnhardt for the current state of the basketball program is a complete joke. Bottom line, basketball was the only major sport that was in good shape when Barnhardt was hired. I would argue that virtually every other sport is in better shape now than it was when he was hired.

 

BCG will be fine, just give him time. He is losing now with Tubby's players just like Tubby won with Rick's players.

I agree with everything you said, blaming Barnhardt for the current state of the basketball program is a complete joke. Bottom line, basketball was the only major sport that was in good shape when Barnhardt was hired. I would argue that virtually every other sport is in better shape now than it was when he was hired.

 

BCG will be fine, just give him time. He is losing now with Tubby's players just like Tubby won with Rick's players.

 

:thumb:Exactly!! I mention this on another thread but when a coach comes into a program and has success his 1st year, people give most of the credit to the previous coach because he recruited the players. Tubby and Bruce Weber at Illinios both had success their 1st year but most of the credit went to Pitino and Bill Self. When UNC struggled under Roy Williams 1st year the UNC fans didn't freak after 9 games. They blamed Matt Doherty and the players for that season. The same standards should be given to Billy G. I honest can not believe that some people are pointing fingers at BCG and Barnhart after 9 games. It completely boggles my mind. It gives us realistic fans a bad reputation. It's crazy!

Tubby was not a great coach. a pretty good coach maybe. But not for a elite program. I don't think NC or Duke or Kansas would knock on his door.

 

They wouldn't, they've already seen how he destroyed UK.

 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont' know how many different ways we can analyze this same topic, but in my opinion, its still early, lots of injuries, new sheriff in town - this is what happens.

 

I say we begin the "conspiracy theory" as a new angle to beat this dead horse into a pile of horse dust. Here it is. Tubby and Billy get together and Billy agrees to engineer a miserable first year so that the damage done to Tubby's reputation will be repaired when people start thinking "gee Tubby wasn't so bad after all". Then, in year 2, with Tubby's name restored to respectability, and with Billy's 2nd recruiting class in place, things start to turn around and now people will say "Hey, we just needed to give him a little time". People are now focused on the positives of BCG and are no longer focusing on Tubby since they changed their perspective on him the previous year. Everyone wins, the fans, Tubby, and BCG.

 

Does money change hands during this conspiracy? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.