Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks may play against Houston

Featured Replies

Gillespie isn't the kind of coach to get stressed under pressure after losing to UAB in a more or less home game? But he is the kind of coach to stay out at all hours of the night in bars? I think if he felt enough pressure to get some wins then he would try and rush Meeks or any other players rehab. I may be wrong and I hope I am but I'm just saying I wouldn't exactly throw it out. I mean Meeks went from being on the edge of out for the season to back and in uniform...come on!

 

I don't know if this is so or not, but did you all notice how bad he was sweating at the UAB game the other night, or was it just me. Not a good sign.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if this is so or not, but did you all notice how bad he was sweating at the UAB game the other night, or was it just me. Not a good sign.

 

I dunno if it's true because I've not seen it first hand, but I've heard about it from multiple people so I dunno...I hope he succeeds at UK, and I hope he can focus on basketball and if he's doing anything wrong then I hope he works everything out. I want what's best for the UK program!:thumb:

All I can say is that I hope that Meeks is 100% when he comes back tomorrow. BCG doesn't seem like a guy that would rush someone back. If he is 100% then I say Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sooner we get Tubby's players healthy, the sooner we will start winning.

If...IF...UK could get Meeks and Jasper both back this season, I think this team could surprise some people. They aren't winning a title, but they could be far more dangerous and competitive.

 

Jasper could provide some consistency at the point...keep everything running smooth. My hope is that he could provide that calming effect on the offense like Epps did for the '96 squad. (No, I'm not comparing the teams...just hoping Jasper could just be one of those guys at the point who makes everything run better). Also, his contributions on the boards and defensively would be huge.

 

Meeks would provide a dynamic scoring threat and a consistent shooter from the perimeter. He and Patterson would be great complements for each other and their combined presence, in theory, would really open things up for the other guys to get easier looks, which could give them some confidence and improve their game.

 

It's wishful thinking on my part, for sure, but I really think getting both of those guys back would be a huge, huge boost for this team.

Wonder about Jasper?
He should redshirt.
All I can say is that I hope that Meeks is 100% when he comes back tomorrow. BCG doesn't seem like a guy that would rush someone back. If he is 100% then I say Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

With today's medical staffs and training, I really think the decision now lies ultimately with the player, of course, but first and foremost with any medical consultation. In the old days it may have been different, but you do not see coaches throw kids in situations they will be hurt.

^ Like I said I hope I'm wrong. I'm giving BCG a chance. I want him to succeed at UK. I want a healthy team and I, as much as any other UK fan, want UK to win. I'm just saying I'm afraid he might be rushing him back. It just seems a little odd about the super quick recovery. We certainly didn't "get it handed to us" in the loss to UNC. I want a 100% Meeks back not a 74-80%! :thumb:

 

:thumb: I agree. I would much rather have him sit a few more games and be ready by tourney time than have him attempt a comeback when he isn't 100%.

I hope all involved in the decision to bring him back make the right choice based on his check up and not out of desperation.

Said in today's paper, Jasper has not practiced since last Thursday when he reinjured his knee.

 

I say shut him down through the Christmas break and see where you are then. Set a goal for the beginning of the SEC season to either he is back or redshirt.

Said in today's paper, Jasper has not practiced since last Thursday when he reinjured his knee.

 

I say shut him down through the Christmas break and see where you are then. Set a goal for the beginning of the SEC season to either he is back or redshirt.

 

I agree 100% Let him rest through the break and see what happens. We have Louisville Jan 5th, then the SEC starts up which is when we need everyone full strength. If we can finish the season strong with a healthy team then we could be dangerous come tourney time!

Said in today's paper, Jasper has not practiced since last Thursday when he reinjured his knee.

 

Has there been any word on what he did? Did he truely do additional damage, or is he just getting some more pain/swelling?

The sooner we get Tubby's players healthy, the sooner we will start winning.

 

The problem is we HAVE Tubbys players.

Has there been any word on what he did? Did he truely do additional damage, or is he just getting some more pain/swelling?

 

I haven't read anything to that regard, just that he hadn't practice since last Thursday.

 

And I want you to know I am tempted to respond to the post above but am refraining.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.