Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks may play against Houston

Featured Replies

How about some good news for a change.

 

 

 

In a season that has yet to have much to cheer about the Kentucky basketball team might be given a reason to celebrate by the time it hits the floor against Houston. Jodie Meeks, who has missed the last six games with a stress fracture in his pelvic area, could be available for tip-off on Tuesday night.

 

UK coach Billy Gillispie told reporters Monday afternoon that Meeks had participated in full practices the past two days and at this point is expected to be in uniform and available to play against the Cougars. Of course, there is no guarantee of that actually coming to pass.

 

"He practiced yesterday and today," Gillispie said before heading to the airport to catch the team charter. Unless he flunked all his finals he is (available) and he's an outstanding student so I doubt that's the case. We're like on a minute-by-minute situation. Hopefully he can play, we definitely need him and have missed him."

 

 

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=752288

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go from a player potentially missing the season 2 days ago to possibly playing Saturday? Hope he's not rushing back.

I am only happy about this if Gillespie isn't trying to rush Meeks back because UK fans on the verge of a riot....Good luck Meeks!

I am only happy about this if Gillespie isn't trying to rush Meeks back because UK fans on the verge of a riot....Good luck Meeks!

 

I don't see Gillespie being the type of coach to do that.

 

It's not like he had suspended Meeks indefinitely and then turned it into a one game suspension or something like that. :D

 

He held his ground with Legion despite the losses, I don't think he'd bring back an injured player too early.

I don't see Gillespie being the type of coach to do that.

 

It's not like he had suspended Meeks indefinitely and then turned it into a one game suspension or something like that. :D

 

He held his ground with Legion despite the losses, I don't think he'd bring back an injured player too early.

 

Gillespie isn't the kind of coach to get stressed under pressure after losing to UAB in a more or less home game? But he is the kind of coach to stay out at all hours of the night in bars? I think if he felt enough pressure to get some wins then he would try and rush Meeks or any other players rehab. I may be wrong and I hope I am but I'm just saying I wouldn't exactly throw it out. I mean Meeks went from being on the edge of out for the season to back and in uniform...come on!

Billy G. said the doctor's still have to clear him after two days of practice.

Gillespie isn't the kind of coach to get stressed under pressure after losing to UAB in a more or less home game? But he is the kind of coach to stay out at all hours of the night in bars? I think if he felt enough pressure to get some wins then he would try and rush Meeks or any other players rehab. I may be wrong and I hope I am but I'm just saying I wouldn't exactly throw it out. I mean Meeks went from being on the edge of out for the season to back and in uniform...come on!

 

Regardless of what he does with his free time I still don't think he'd bring back an injured player too early.

 

We had already lost to G. Webb and pretty much got it handed to us against North Carolina. He had a perfectly healthy Legion wanting back on the team at this point. If he were that type of coach he would have said things were fine with he and Alex and would have put him back on the team and played him against Indiana.

 

With the losses we've suffered this year he still doesn't start or play the players that don't practice well. He plays our less talented harder working kids.

 

I don't know what to think about the guy as a head coach yet but I know one thing, he sticks to his guns and so far hasn't let the UK fan base sway any decisions he's made.

 

I just don't see it happening.

^ Like I said I hope I'm wrong. I'm giving BCG a chance. I want him to succeed at UK. I want a healthy team and I, as much as any other UK fan, want UK to win. I'm just saying I'm afraid he might be rushing him back. It just seems a little odd about the super quick recovery. We certainly didn't "get it handed to us" in the loss to UNC. I want a 100% Meeks back not a 74-80%! :thumb:

I doubt the training staff would allow Meeks to play if he wasn't able to do so. They already denied Jasper when he was trying to play against Indiana.

^ Like I said I hope I'm wrong. I'm giving BCG a chance. I want him to succeed at UK. I want a healthy team and I, as much as any other UK fan, want UK to win. I'm just saying I'm afraid he might be rushing him back. It just seems a little odd about the super quick recovery. We certainly didn't "get it handed to us" in the loss to UNC. I want a 100% Meeks back not a 74-80%! :thumb:

 

I'm with ya on all of the above. I'd hate to lose a kid for the season because he came back a few weeks too early.

 

The whole Legion situation just makes me think that he isn't the kind of guy to do something that drastic to please the fans. Legion was a good ball player on a team that has a lot of injuries and really needs the athletic help. Like I said earlier, if he were the type of man to crack under pressure he could have hugged and made up with Legion and had him playing against Indiana.

^ Like I said I hope I'm wrong. I'm giving BCG a chance. I want him to succeed at UK. I want a healthy team and I, as much as any other UK fan, want UK to win. I'm just saying I'm afraid he might be rushing him back. It just seems a little odd about the super quick recovery. We certainly didn't "get it handed to us" in the loss to UNC. I want a 100% Meeks back not a 74-80%! :thumb:

 

Exactly! If Meeks is not 100% he does not need to be playing. Him playing 5 or 6 games and re-injuring himself and losing the entire season is a waste.

RIGHT! If he comes back early, is only 80-90% and gets a chronic injury, would it be worth losing the entire season, when he could redshirt, come back healthy and enjoy the game?

 

If he's ready, Jodie Meeks, Come on down!

 

If not, stay put and get healthy. We'll need you this year or next, either one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.