Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greatest Current Assistant Coaches

Featured Replies

With all of the talk about coaches getting landmark wins and coaching vacancies I had a question come up in my mind. I wonder who the best assistant coaches in the game right now are?

 

Something I want to add to this thread is: Do you think they will ever get a head coaching position?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Coverdale, OC at Trinity.

Andrew Coverdale, OC at Trinity.

 

Second that......absolutely.............phenomenal................:eek::eek:

Chapman from Breathitt

I'm going to have to go with TJ Maynard at Raceland. Since Coming to Raceland he has helped turn at descent at best football program into a shot at the state title every year.

Nobody really is as well known as Coverdale, and for good reason. However, since Dave Schneider has taken over NewCath's offensive play calling and Coach Wagner has taken over the D in 2000, NewCath has been to 5 state championships in 8 seasons. Not bad when you played in the same district as Beechwood during that time.

Andrew Coverdale, OC at Trinity.

 

Not a more true statment this!!!!!! :ylsuper:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the way...the rest of the assistant coaches ain't so bad either!

Coach Mickey, Coach Rowe, Coach Castle, Coach Tackett, Coach Varney,

all of course from Belfry...

 

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa

I guess you would call him an "assistant" but former UK coach and former LexCath administrator (and maybe coach, too), Bill Glaser, has done a remarkable job for X, in the opinion of many of their faithful.

If Andrew Coverdale is the brains behind the Trinity offense, he gets my vote!

 

Matter of fact, I would stuff the ballot box and vote for him twice. He is that good.

Chapman from Breathitt

 

That's who I was going to say. He was a head coach I think for one season, maybe two at Pikeville in 98 and maybe 99. He is a phenomenal D-coordinator and I think if Holcomb ever retires the Breathitt job is his.

I will have to go with Coach Morris at Russell.

Coach Saylor from Rockcastle. He knows alot of defense. Also is good with the kids.

What classes does Andrew Coverdale teach at Trinity?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.