Newport Central Catholic vs. Ft. Campbell 2A State Championship

Dlbdonn

Who wins?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Ft. Campbell Falcons

NCC has been ranked #1 all season in 2A poll and have been in the top 15 of the AP poll state wide can that be said for Ft. Campbell

Rankings can be skewed sometimes and in this case, I think it is.. Ask Bell Co, Green Co and Hazard how that ranking worked out for them...I think NCC is a fine team, but, I also think Ft Campbell will be the more athletic team of the 2and should pull it out barring turnovers, penalties and such being equal.. This is no knock on NCC at all, just an opinion..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware of the Bird! Go Falcons! :thumb:

Only bird that is going to win in Louisville is the Bluebird! NCC just has the speed and size over this team. NCC will "play like they've been there before" and will go on to a 4th title and become the 4th Dynasty program in NKY. Why do all of us up here root for each other? It's a NKY thing, you woudn't understand. Kinda like Louisville teams all root for each other until they have to play each other, then it changes.

Only bird that is going to win in Louisville is the Bluebird! NCC just has the speed and size over this team. NCC will "play like they've been there before" and will go on to a 4th title and become the 4th Dynasty program in NKY. Why do all of us up here root for each other? It's a NKY thing, you woudn't understand. Kinda like Louisville teams all root for each other until they have to play each other, then it changes.

I understand just fine. I wouldn’t expect anyone from “Northern Kentucky” to root for Fort Campbell and that suits us just fine. It will make the upset all the sweeter.

What 4 would that be? I can only think of Highlands and Beechwood with NCC emerging as one...Surely to goodness, you aren't talking about Cov Catholic, are you. They are a solid program, but, a dynasty, hardly...

We understand perfectly. You all desperately would like to stop being the poor relations of the football teams across the river from you, and so you rally around one another so that you can give one another a group hug. Plus, you put noodles in your chili.

I'll go with the sons of the 101st Airborne, who have learned from their fathers to let their actions talk, rather than what area of the region they are from.

Personally, it's no different anywhere. People from the west root for the other teams from the west, people in the east do the same. NKy, Louisville area, Lex area all do the same. Where does this, "You wouldn't understand" come from? Its not like NKy started the trend or anything..

I think it's because no one outside of NoKy is rooting for NoKy to win. East pulls for west sometimes and the other way around. Sometimes east pulls for Louisville and central pulls for west or east. But rarely does any of them pull for a NoKy team to win. I think Hearsay nailed it.

I think it's because no one outside of NoKy is rooting for NoKy to win. East pulls for west sometimes and the other way around. Sometimes east pulls for Louisville and central pulls for west or east. But rarely does any of them pull for a NoKy team to win. I think Hearsay nailed it.

I'm from the west, but, I don't usually root for the east. Usually, the team that knocks out my team, is who I root for or other west teams. I would say thats the way it is in most areas. There must be either an inferior complex or a superior complex in NKy, for some reason. As far as the golden triangle is concerned, considering that about 2/3s of the states population resides in this area, I think it's fair to say there should be a large contingent of state championships from that area. I believe it has more to do with numbers than anything else, that plus a few select premier programs from these areas.

NC brings home another State Title for three in a row!!! There are a lot of names on the roster that I recognize: Beiting, Collopy(X cate-eater Dad but well grounded Mother) Diehl, Rawe, Grosser, Ciafardini, Kues, Eviston, Pangallo, Kelly, Fanzen (X camel Dad but well grounded Mother), Ferrara, Kiernan, Gerrein, Roll, Keiting, Giesler. Good luck Breds!!!

We understand perfectly. You all desperately would like to stop being the poor relations of the football teams across the river from you, and so you rally around one another so that you can give one another a group hug. Plus, you put noodles in your chili.

Definitely some truth to that. However, the football across the river is some of the best in the country to be fair.

I'll go with the sons of the 101st Airborne, who have learned from their fathers to let their actions talk, rather than what area of the region they are from.

If this is a dig on NKY fans, I agree. We talk a whole lot. If this is a dig on NewCath's program, then you are doing them a great disservice b/c you will not read one derogatory remark made by Coach Schneider or any of their players. Since Micah Johnson made huge headlines, everyone in NKY has had Ft. Campbell on their minds. You can be rest assured that the players are very aware of the challenge that lays ahead.