Newport Central Catholic vs. Ft. Campbell 2A State Championship

Dlbdonn

Who wins?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Ft. Campbell Falcons

The guy who has come sort of from out of left field for FC is #2 Dexter Durrante. Bardstown had not seen much him on film and they gave the ball to him and he took us to the woodshed. Just one example of FC's exceptional depth.

Also, I was very impressed with Standhine, the offensive center for FC. Goes about 290, and does not let either big and strong or small and quick get backside on him. Good lineman.

Did you scare everyone away

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised this thread has not gotten as much attention as the others...wonder why? Could it be fans have already decided the title winner? I don't know, but I am obviously pulling for the Nky team...I do not know a thing about Fort Campbell, so my pick is out of the blue...good luck to both teams.

Just an interesting tidbit. Because Iraq is nine hours ahead of Fort Campbell (central time), the soliders had to get up at 4am to listen to the game through an internet stream provided by WHVO Radio in Hopkinsville. With Saturday's game starting at 10:30am FC time, they will actually get to listen to a game with a 7:30pm kickoff because of the time difference.

I find this very interesting, I would wonder what their reaction is if the Falcons pull this one off...we will just have to see. I also happen to know that Beechwood has their "own" military company that they sponsor. They have their support the troops game evey year...you just gotta love it to see people come out for that sort of stuff. If possible next year check it out...both schools participate in it with enthusiasm

If NCC comes out as flat as they have been in the 1st few rounds, they'll be in big trouble. I truely believe Ft Campbell is the most talented team in 2a and they'll be extremely tough to turn it on against. If NCC plays 4 qtrs, like they're capable of, they have a good chance to pull it off, but, imo, it would be an upset..

If NCC comes out as flat as they have been in the 1st few rounds, they'll be in big trouble. I truely believe Ft Campbell is the most talented team in 2a and they'll be extremely tough to turn it on against. If NCC plays 4 qtrs, like they're capable of, they have a good chance to pull it off, but, imo, it would be an upset..

Are you saying that if NCC wins, that would be an upset? Have you seen NCC play this year? GO BREDS!