175 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Ft. Campbell Falcons

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game. Both teams are hitting there stride at the right time. Both teams have played a challenging schedule against a variety of styles. NCC would have to be favored based on the last 2 years experience being here, alone. There defense will keep them in games even when the offense sputters. Ft Campbell, i've only seen twice, but, they are a very physical team with a stable of great athletes. They dress about 55 kids and play alot of different players on both sides of the ball without much dropoff. They are a big play team, but, can also punish you 3-4 yds at a time. There QB has good size and can scramble and run when neccessary, is elusive and hard to bring down and his play fakes are pretty good. He's got average arm strength and is more a short passer than a Homerun guy. There RBs are big and tough and not real fast but quick to the hole and strong in the legs. There defense has improved as from what I saw early in the year, they aren't real big upfront and the strength is there LBs and secondary. I think it'll be a game of momentum. Whoever gets it 1st and gets there confidence going will win.

Can the Thoroughbreds win the triple crown or will the Falcons fly away with the 2A title . Opinions ?

I think the Breds pull off the Triple Crown. Wonder if we could get Steve Cauthen to give us some pointers. He would tell us to hit the hole when it opens up and the Thoroughbred will take you to the finish line. Go Breds

Fort Campbell Falcons

Championship Game Appearance: 5th

State Championships: 3 (1976, 1978, 1979)

Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

Championship Game Appearance: 8th

State Championships: 3 (1984, 2005, 2006)

Past Playoff Meetings

None

Depends on what NewCath team shows up and when. If the "first-half fumbling/interception team" shows up they could be buried by half time. If the "second half run it, pass it, you can't stop us" team shows up maybe before halftime for once they could be well on the way to three in a row.

While we haven't seen their A game for 4 quarters yet, we haven't seen their F game for more than 2 quarters and either could happen on Saturday.

It will be the first time in a while that NewCath isn't out-sized on the lines like they have been against Corbin and DeSales and actually add in Beechwood and Campbell Co right before that, but I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

Obviously NCC will be the favorite and almost as obvious I’m voting for Fort Campbell to pull out the upset. As a team Fort Campbell is peaking at just the right time and their defense has been outstanding.

Fort Campbell 24

NCC 20

Depends on what NewCath team shows up and when. If the "first-half fumbling/interception team" shows up they could be buried by half time. If the "second half run it, pass it, you can't stop us" team shows up maybe before halftime for once they could be well on the way to three in a row.

While we haven't seen their A game for 4 quarters yet, we haven't seen their F game for more than 2 quarters and either could happen on Saturday.

It will be the first time in a while that NewCath isn't out-sized on the lines like they have been against Corbin and DeSales and actually add in Beechwood and Campbell Co right before that, but I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

Has anyone buried NCC by half. Even with all the funky play it has not happened. Nobody is going to rack up enough points on this defense before the offense decides to get untracked. Im sure Fort Campbell is loaded, but NCC can be very dangerous if both sides are playing to their capabilities. I believe last years State Finals proved NCC can come from way out of it. Good Breds