MLB Offseason Free Agency Thread

cch5432

2. As far as the Mets go, why would they want to move Carlos Reyes? A

That is very true also (aside from the fact that his name is Jose).

The more I look at the rosters of the teams he may go to (Angels, Dodgers, Giants) turns out they have a better player at SS than 3B anyways.

I guess what I meant to ask was, theoretically, if he went to Chicago, wouldn't it make more sense to keep Ramirez at 3B and move A-Rod back to SS, then force Ramirez to learn a whole new position? Either way, it is probably a moot point now.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Cubs will go after A-Rod unless they trade Ramirez for a #1 or #2 pitcher. Chicago seems set on getting one or maybe two of the Japanese free agents (P and OF) on the market. Torii Hunter is the more expensive Plan B. Carlos Silva remains an option but with Dempster moving back into the rotation, more bullpen help is likely. Also hearing the Cubs are showing interest in Kaz Matsui at SS.

That is very true also (aside from the fact that his name is Jose).

The more I look at the rosters of the teams he may go to (Angels, Dodgers, Giants) turns out they have a better player at SS than 3B anyways.

I guess what I meant to ask was, theoretically, if he went to Chicago, wouldn't it make more sense to keep Ramirez at 3B and move A-Rod back to SS, then force Ramirez to learn a whole new position? Either way, it is probably a moot point now.

LOL--I was going through their lineup and I guess had Carlos Beltran on my mind. :thumb:

Cubs are set to make an offer for the Rays OF Carl Crawford.

The Braves and Tom Glavine are set to unite once again. Glavine is supposed to be waiting a week before he officially announces he will pitch for the Braves in '08.

The Royals are serious contenders to land Torii Hunter.

I coule see Mike Lowell playing for the Yankees if Boston doesn't offer up a 4th year on their offer.

Andruw Jones will probably end up with the Dodgers if A-Rod is with the Angels.

I expect Andruw Jones to end up in Washington D.C.

Bowden is dying for a marquee player to use as a face for the new stadium.

Crawford would be a great get for the Cubbies if that goes down.

Washington had a marquee guy named Alfonso Soriano and just let him go..

I don't think Washington should spend their money on Andruw Jones either. He is declining in stats and he is a step slower than he was because of his added weight. Washington would be wise to shop for someone else.

Alex will land in the city of LA, only to go to Anaheim to play for the Angels. And he'll get 25 million over 8 years.

I think I meant $250 million, not $25. Sometimes I think, and sometimes I think too much. :D

Yankees are willing to give Rivera $45 million for 3 years. That would make him the highest paid reliever in MLB. I'm sure he'll take it.