Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does It Bother You

Featured Replies

Sometimes it just can't be helped.

 

I just came home from the Belfry/Magoffin game early. It was 42-0 at halftime. Magoffin had run 34 plays and had about 75 yards. Belfry had run 10 plays. TEN plays and they had about 250 yards and 6 touchdowns running a very vanilla offense.

 

Now, they did start to sub in the 2nd quarter and I'm sure that continued in the 2nd half. But sometimes your 2nd string is still that much better than the other team and scores like the Bell Co score is unavoidable.

 

If you weren't there, you have no business accusing the coaching staff of running up the score. To me, THAT is uncalled for.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you weren't there, you have no business accusing the coaching staff of running up the score. To me, THAT is uncalled for.

 

:ylsuper:

Please check out Bronco99's response from McCreary side on the thread: Bell 72-McCreary 0 on this site. It puts this all in perspective.

It's the playoffs guys. How can there be such a thing as running up the score?

The KHSAA needs to re-look things in football again. There is know way these teams that have 0-10, 1-9, 2-8, and 3-7 records should be making the post season. When you take a team like that and put them up against a good team those are the kind of scores you are going to get. Its bad enough that those teams had to get beat that bad during the regular season, now the KHSAA has them playing that same team and getting beat that bad or alot of the time worse in the play-offs. In most cases niether team wants to play that game a second time

 

:thumb: Very good point and I agree. I personally believe that only the top 2 out of a district should go to the playoffs. To make some revenue up for some schools that would allow for teams to schedule an extra regular season game (11 game regular season, 4 game playoff format including the State championships) JMO

Yea I have no problem running up the score. Like HHS said its playoffs. If you play a team way below you it is for you to try to keep in rythmn and insync for the next week. You have to try to keep the momentum going.

As a fan I would not go to a game that has a chance to be this big of a blow out in the playoffs. I figure we will see or read about a ot of these games especially in the first round. I have no problem with teams scoring as long as the back ups are in.

I think if a team gets up by 45 points or more, they should have to deliberately take a saftey after every touchdown they score. They should also take three snaps and fall down. On fourth down, the punter should have to catch the snap, turnaround and punt toward his own endzone.

 

As you can probably tell, I don't care if a team scores more than 70 points or not. I can't imagine that a team goes into a game having previously been thumpped and suddenly feels they have a shot. Bottom line...if you don't want to get beat by 70+ points, forfeit the game

I think if a team gets up by 45 points or more, they should have to deliberately take a saftey after every touchdown they score. They should also take three snaps and fall down. On fourth down, the punter should have to catch the snap, turnaround and punt toward his own endzone.

:laugh:

I'm thinking we could just make the teams exchange jerseys for the rest of the game.

I think if a team gets up by 45 points or more, they should have to deliberately take a saftey after every touchdown they score. They should also take three snaps and fall down. On fourth down, the punter should have to catch the snap, turnaround and punt toward his own endzone.

 

As you can probably tell, I don't care if a team scores more than 70 points or not. I can't imagine that a team goes into a game having previously been thumpped and suddenly feels they have a shot. Bottom line...if you don't want to get beat by 70+ points, forfeit the game

 

If I was the other team and I saw some team do this, I would be even more embarrassed. Football is Football. Its not meant to be a soft sport.

Breathitt was up on Fleming 52-0 at halftime. Coach Holcomb put his JV in the 3rd quarter and his freshmen in the 4th. I agree alot with what you all are saying about all these teams that are getting in the playoffs with very bad records. I think that the KSHAA should look to improve on the system. Make it so that the only teams from each district are the top two instead of the top four.

Breathitt was up on Fleming 52-0 at halftime. Coach Holcomb put his JV in the 3rd quarter and his freshmen in the 4th. I agree alot with what you all are saying about all these teams that are getting in the playoffs with very bad records. I think that the KSHAA should look to improve on the system. Make it so that the only teams from each district are the top two instead of the top four.

 

It's not so much that Holcomb is a nice guy (he is a class guy though) but it's not smart to leave your prime time players in and risk an injury when the game is well in hand, and he is a very smart guy.

Why are the six classes the scapegoat? I remember plenty of 70 and 80+ games pre-running clock era with 4 classes. Find something else to blame...

There are some teams that are really that bad and some teams that are really that good. And sometimes they play each other.

If we want to talk about running up the score, just look at Lone Oaks season. They have outscored their opponents 596-109. Including the EP, 518 of Lone Oaks points have came on passing touchdown by the starting qaurterback who has 74 tds on the season. 9 of their wins have been by 40+ points. This my friends is what should be considered running the score up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.