Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New England Patriots 16-0*

Featured Replies

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You guys put forth the myth that we are pathetic losers down here clicking champagne glasses and clinging desperately to a record set 35 years ago," former Dolphins tight end Jim Mandich told the Daily News. "Somehow we've been portrayed as being evil. We don't ever blow our own horn. It's a great record, but the record doesn't get beaten.

 

I'm glad he understands my position.:thumb:

The Patriots will lose at least 2 games IMO. I could be wrong, but I don't see them going undefeated. I hope they don't.

The Patriots will lose at least 2 games IMO. I could be wrong, but I don't see them going undefeated. I hope they don't.

 

I see them potentially losing one game...and that would be the season ending game @ your NY Giants.

 

I give Buffalo a minimal chance at pulling a shocker because their offense seems to be clicking and it seems like the type of game where a team could have a letdown after a big game (vs. Indy) followed by a dangerous and improving opponent that they'll be double digit favorites against...however, the fact that the Patriots have a bye week before the game virtually negates all of those things.

 

The Jets, Dolphins and Eagles have no chance.

 

Baltimore just doesn't have the offense to have a realistic shot, IMO.

 

Pittsburgh has the potential, but I really don't see them winning in Foxboro.

 

That leaves the Giants...I think the team that beats New England will need to be playing at home with all it's advantages (familiarity, crowd noise, etc.). They'll need to have an offense that can score a lot of points, can strike quick, make you defend the whole field, and control the clock with a solid running game to keep Brady off the field. They'll need a defense that can get pressure on the QB with it's D-line so they won't have to sacrifice too much in coverage by blitzing to get pressure. I think they Giants, if they keep playing the way they have, will meet all those criteria.

 

If Eli is sharp and Burress, Shockey and company play well in the passing game...if the O-line plays well in protecting Eli and allowing Jacobs and the others to run the ball effectively, then I think the Giants can score points and more importantly chew up clock to keep the Patriots off the field and keep them from getting ahead early and forcing you to become one-dimensional. Also, on the flipside, it keeps the defense fresh.

 

Strahan, Umenyiora and the others are good enough to pressure the passer and that's the only way you have a chance to beat New England.

 

If the Giants offense can move the ball, control clock and score TD's instead of FG's when they get the chance...what that does, IMO, is by controlling the clock, it limits the possessions, which means it decreases the odds of Brady and company adjusting to the Giants defense and allows them to get pressure...the more possessions, the more likely New England adjusts and improves and starts to pick them apart...I think that's what happened against Indy.

 

Just my take...I don't think the Giants will beat them, but I think they look like the most realistic shot, IMO.

The Patriots will lose at least 2 games IMO. I could be wrong, but I don't see them going undefeated. I hope they don't.

I hope you're right, and I hope they're both against the Steelers, one in the regular season, and one in the playoffs.:D

Has anyone else seen the pic of Belijerk and Dungy "shaking hands" on the cover of USAToday sports section? I'll try to find it and post it. Coach Hoodie is a jerk to opposing coaches, especially his former assts. How soon he forgets he was the leader of the wonderful Brownies in the not too distant past. Maybe he just acts that way because he's gonna have to split half his $ with the former Mrs. Hoodie.

No way the Pats get to 15-0 and don't close it out. I still think the Steelers have the best chance.

No way the Pats get to 15-0 and don't close it out. I still think the Steelers have the best chance.

Agree. If Ben is healthy he can keep plays alive and give his O a chance. And I think that the Steelers D is the closest thing to being able to somewhat contain the Pats. However, they have no answer for Moss other than pass rush.

If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd be putting my money on an undefeated season, and I am.

So does the champagne 'clicking' stop at 16-0 or do they have to run the table through the Super Bowl?

Methinks Don enjoys his champagne a tad too much.

If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd be putting my money on an undefeated season, and I am.

 

Where are you getting that action and what is it paying?

My favorite part of the article is at the end when Jim Mandich invites the Patriots to the undefeated ship. Nice try Jim but we all know that you would much rather them lose a game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.