Boston Red Sox 2007 World Series Champions

TheDeuce

I agree, however I've been a Boston fan for much longer than that....

Me, too. I lost a bet in college when a groundball went through a certain 1B's legs.

Even though the Reds beat them, the 1975 WS made me a Red Sox fan with the classic they played with the Reds. I don't like, though, how they and the Yankees dominate the baseball system today with the huge contracts and payrolls.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What were the ratings?

Since Boston was in it, the final ratings will probably be solid for a World Series. Any team besides them or the Yankees then they would have been in trouble. Cleveland making it would have been Selig's worst nightmare.

Since Boston was in it, the final ratings will probably be solid for a World Series. Any team besides them or the Yankees then they would have been in trouble. Cleveland making it would have been Selig's worst nightmare.

I think Selig's worse nightmare is them sponsoring a MasterCard greatest player ever promotion and it being a tie between Barry Bonds and Peter Edward and him having to present the award to them.:D

I agree, however I've been a Boston fan for much longer than that....

I was a Boston fan from the time I started watching baseball...which would have been the year Bill Buckner...

...sorry, I can't finish that thought.

At least you have worked to the point, you can type his name.:p

It was a heartbreaker, that's for sure.

We got a satellite when I was a kid and I used to watch the Sox replays on NESN (New England Sports Network)...also, my tee-ball team was the Red Sox...so, it all just stuck and they've been my favorite team ever since.

Even though the Reds beat them, the 1975 WS made me a Red Sox fan with the classic they played with the Reds.

I wasn't alive then, but growing up and hearing nothing but how great the big Red Machine was I have dissected the 1975 WS so many times it turned me into a Red Sox fan as well.

I am and always will be a Reds fan first and foremost, but I have ALWAYS followed the Sox a close second.

I am and always will be a Reds fan first and foremost, but I have ALWAYS followed the Sox a close second.

I have always put the Reds first in the past, but that slowly started to change with the departure of Barry Larkin (who is and always will be my all-time favorite player). Plus, Beckett has been my current fave since he was with the Marlins, so it was a happy day for me when he went to the Sox. I guess I just have two favorite teams now.

BTW, the Sox will venture to GABP next summer.....June 13-15, I believe.