Question For The Reds Fans

gametime

I was reading John Fay's blog, and he was talking about what the Reds would give in trade for a player like Beckett. The basis was the Sox gave up a total stud in Hanley Ramirez, and the Reds have a few guys in the pipeline of similar status in Bailey, Bruce and Cueto. In the comment section talk turned to Johan Santana. It was pointed out that Krivsky ran the negotiations to his first big Twins deal, and we know he still has solid ties to Minnesota that would make a deal fairly easy to hammer out. As always, getting him includes a MAJOR salary. It also includes what would be a monster 1-2 punch with Harang.

So, for fun at this point, what would you part with for Santana???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffey (with the Reds surely eating most if not all of his contract), Votto or Hamilton (their call), and a "AA" player or lower of their choosing (no veto power).

They are in desperate need of offense, especially considering Hunter may be gone and Mauer and The Big Canadian will be getting PAID soon.

For the record, while I think there is less than a 1% chance of Santana getting dealt, I think Silva of the Twins is likely to end up here.

And Terry Ryan would die laughing. I mean literally... :D
That's why I said "propose", then I'm certain a counter proposal would be forthcoming.

As for comparable trade value, it doesn't exist. The Reds, would have to part with Bailey and several others, to get a proven winner like Santana.