Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question For The Reds Fans

Featured Replies

I was reading John Fay's blog, and he was talking about what the Reds would give in trade for a player like Beckett. The basis was the Sox gave up a total stud in Hanley Ramirez, and the Reds have a few guys in the pipeline of similar status in Bailey, Bruce and Cueto. In the comment section talk turned to Johan Santana. It was pointed out that Krivsky ran the negotiations to his first big Twins deal, and we know he still has solid ties to Minnesota that would make a deal fairly easy to hammer out. As always, getting him includes a MAJOR salary. It also includes what would be a monster 1-2 punch with Harang.

 

So, for fun at this point, what would you part with for Santana???

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly red meat.

  • Author
Possibly red meat.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Griffey (with the Reds surely eating most if not all of his contract), Votto or Hamilton (their call), and a "AA" player or lower of their choosing (no veto power).

 

They are in desperate need of offense, especially considering Hunter may be gone and Mauer and The Big Canadian will be getting PAID soon.

 

For the record, while I think there is less than a 1% chance of Santana getting dealt, I think Silva of the Twins is likely to end up here.

Please don't give up Votto or Hamilton

  • Author
Please don't give up Votto or Hamilton

 

For Johan Santana? I'd drive them in Minnesota...

For Johan Santana? I'd drive them in Minnesota...

Agreed.

I think I would give up anyone in the organization for Johan Santana. You put a premier AL pitcher in our division, he'd win 20 games without an offense.

It would take considerable potential talent or veterans as mentioned, to get Santana in a Reds uniform.

 

I would propose the following:

 

Griffey

Freel

Belisle

It would take considerable potential talent or veterans as mentioned, to get Santana in a Reds uniform.

 

I would propose the following:

 

Griffey

Freel

Belisle

 

Make the trade with these guys.;)

  • Author

I would propose the following:

 

Griffey

Freel

Belisle

 

And Terry Ryan would die laughing. I mean literally... :D

Trade anyone on the Roster

 

Except for Dunn, Phillips, Bailey, Harang.

 

I would trade Dunn or Phillips for Santana.

And Terry Ryan would die laughing. I mean literally... :D
That's why I said "propose", then I'm certain a counter proposal would be forthcoming.

 

As for comparable trade value, it doesn't exist. The Reds, would have to part with Bailey and several others, to get a proven winner like Santana.

^ I would too but they won't trade just Phillips for Santana. The Reds would have to give them more.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.