JV: Highlands 49 Scott County 20

jbwill2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Highlands JV lost a game?

How has Scott County done in their other JV games this season?

Yes. We lost to Withrow the morning after the Trotwood win at PBS. I know it will sound like an excuse, but we weren't able to refocus properly after the big win the night before. Plus Withrow has a lot of talent.

But other than the Withrow loss, I think we've won the rest of the games pretty much decisively.

Against Scott Co, Jake Turner had the qb reins and did well. Kid threw some spot on fade passes to Hogue and Buten. Jake has to be the top non-quarterback-quarterback in the area. Buten had some really nice catches, particularly his first td catch where he went up and took the ball away from the DB and came down in the back corner. Hogue as always caught the ball well.

Ollie Head ran the ball very, very well (again). He's finally back to pre injury form. Ran with power, cut well and showed very nice speed. Had several td's, including a kick off return. Tyler Fennell has some nice runs until he banged up a leg.

Offensive line did its usual well. Nice blocking by Combs, Bardgett, Martin, Grubbs and Schlosser. Brian Beck did a good job when he was in there helping out.

Defense did a very good job also. Just about everyone out there was making tackles and the defense was gang tackling.

Scott Co. ran the ball hard. They had a big boy in the back field that had some success occassionally, but not consistently. Their qb, no. 14, really impressed me. Scrambled extremely well and was quick as a cat with his cuts. Also threw the ball well. Is he a soph or a jr? Is this the first loss for Scott Co's jv squad in some time?

All in all, a very good game by the Birds. Scott Co had won the last several matchups (convincingly) and it was nice to return the favor. That we did it without Guigugli at qb, without Crawford at rb, with a lot of jv players out with injuries or banged up but playing, and with 6 or 7 frosh players against a very good Scott Co team makes it an even better win.

Is Guidugli hurt? I heard he was...then I heard he was at a QB camp in Pittsburgh. (or just maybe watching big bro). Congrats to Jake Turner...he's all athelete and heart! He will have a BIG year next year...and the rest of this year helping the Birds to #17! Gotta put Sparky Draper in that "non-QB-QB" race, though!! Glad to see the Ollie "trollie" back on rail. It's the talent in the wings pushing the starters every day that makes this year's varsity so special!

Is Guidugli hurt? I heard he was...then I heard he was at a QB camp in Pittsburgh. (or just maybe watching big bro). Congrats to Jake Turner...he's all athelete and heart! He will have a BIG year next year...and the rest of this year helping the Birds to #17! Gotta put Sparky Draper in that "non-QB-QB" race, though!! Glad to see the Ollie "trollie" back on rail. It's the talent in the wings pushing the starters every day that makes this year's varsity so special!

Do you seriously expect me or anyone else to answer that question on here? :fight: Some info is best not disclosed on here.

Nice report LN. I am happy to hear Jake T is stepping in and doing the job. He has some QB in his family as I think his uncle is Bob Burkart former Highlands great. It sounds like they are playing well and playing as a team. what is the rest of their schedule like?

Nice report LN. I am happy to hear Jake T is stepping in and doing the job. He has some QB in his family as I think his uncle is Bob Burkart former Highlands great. It sounds like they are playing well and playing as a team. what is the rest of their schedule like?

Beechwood next Sat. and then Cov. Cath. on Nov. 3.

My apologies LN...don't want you, or anyone else, divulging sensitive state secrets regarding a backup QB. Scouts may get that "competitive advantage" on beating the Big Blue from such sensitive and critical info. We're probably the only school in the state that's 5 deep in quality QB candidates. (Cecil-Guidugli-Bardo-Turner-Draper)

Jake Turner is the best non-quarterback qb I have seen in a long time. The kid has some serious game to him and is a natural leader as a signal caller. Not sure though that I agree with not trying to develope the younger QB's during some of these JV games. Bringing Frosh kids up just to stand on the sidelines doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

My apologies LN...don't want you, or anyone else, divulging sensitive state secrets regarding a backup QB. Scouts may get that "competitive advantage" on beating the Big Blue from such sensitive and critical info. We're probably the only school in the state that's 5 deep in quality QB candidates. (Cecil-Guidugli-Bardo-Turner-Draper)

Oh great! Now you done it... LN is going to be one unhappy Marine thanks to your reply. Hope ole, not old, HENRY521 is prepared for a long week! :D

Jake Turner is the best non-quarterback qb I have seen in a long time. The kid has some serious game to him and is a natural leader as a signal caller. Not sure though that I agree with not trying to develope the younger QB's during some of these JV games. Bringing Frosh kids up just to stand on the sidelines doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Especially up 3 or 4 TD's with 8:00 or so minutes left in the game. He would of had more action pulling weeds at the house. Why doesn't ollie get more touches in Varsity action. Okay, sure we are loaded with runningbacks but i bet Ollie would be such a great addition to returning punts and kickoffs. What a waste of talent!!!!