JV: Highlands 49 Scott County 20

jbwill2

We're not talking about college here. We're talking about a Junior Varsity game where the coaches are suppose to be developing players for the future, not worrying about winning by 4 to 5 touchdowns. I get your point about the QB should be playing that paticular position, but if the JV was in such need of a QB then Tony would be playing down. My other point is, he is just as good as the other freshman that played almost the entire game but is never given a chance because Dale doesn't like his QB's to play both ways.

And there's your answer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some one had ask about SC JV Schedule, here it is.

Date Day Opponent Location Time/Score

08/27/07 Monday Western Hills Home W - 52-0

09/03/07 Monday Clark Co. Clark Co. W - 45-6

09/17/07 Monday Dunbar Dunbar W 27-12

09/24/07 Monday Tates Creek Home W - 42-0

10/01/07 Monday Lafayette Lafayette W - 46-8

10/08/07 Monday Henry Clay Home W 23-22

10/15/07 Monday Madison Central Cancelled

10/20/07 Saturday Highlands Highlands L 20-49

10/22/07 Monday Woodford Co. Home 7:30 PM

10/25/07 Thursday Trinity Trinity 6:00 PM

Thanks.:thumb:

Yeah, but this one kid being labled as a QB means that position is the only place he will play. This kid was one of the leading taklers last year in the 7th & 8th grade league. Why not use this kid like all of the other frosh that were moved up on maybe a couple special teams. He was once again the only player that didn't play more than 2 or 3 plays two weeks in a row. When your team is up the way they were on Sat, all players should play somewhere.

And risk an injury? Isn't the #2 QB for the Frosh out for the season? Where would that leave them for the rest of the season. Just thinking about it from a team standpoint.

It goes back to don't ask the kid to come up when he isn't really needed, right.

Say they put him in on kick off and he runs down the field and breaks an ankle. Then you would be upset that he is a quarterback and didn't need to be in . Now say the JV QB goes out with an injury, then they have the frosh QB to step in. If he gets injured then, well then that's the name of the game. But to put him in unnecessarily just doesn't make sense. Heck even I can figure that one out. Sounds pretty simple to me.

I hope other players take note in what Jake Turner has done for the TEAM. This kid moved back to QB to help his team after a broken collarbone sidelined the other QB. He never questioned the move and without hesitation jumped at the opportunity to play because he knew the TEAM needed him. Jake put his team mates first and I applaud his efforts!!!

I hope other players take note in what Jake Turner has done for the TEAM. This kid moved back to QB to help his team after a broken collarbone sidelined the other QB. He never questioned the move and without hesitation jumped at the opportunity to play because he knew the TEAM needed him. Jake put his team mates first and I applaud his efforts!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Are they developing Jake Turner for the future at QB or just worrying about winning games at the JV level? Dont give me its an honor to move up to JV either DMZ76. Maybe when you were a Frosh it was an honor to move up because it meant you got to upgrade from a suspension helment to a cell helment. My point is dont ask a Frosh to come up to stand on the sideline. If the reason hes up is to backup the already non-quarterback QB then thats a joke imo. If Turner gets hurt then go with the punter or kicker, thats what they do in college.

Are they developing Jake Turner for the future at QB or just worrying about winning games at the JV level? Dont give me its an honor to move up to JV either DMZ76. Maybe when you were a Frosh it was an honor to move up because it meant you got to upgrade from a suspension helment to a cell helment. My point is dont ask a Frosh to come up to stand on the sideline. If the reason hes up is to backup the already non-quarterback QB then thats a joke imo. If Turner gets hurt then go with the punter or kicker, thats what they do in college.

I've stayed out of this debate until now Sweep, but I totally disagree that its not considered an honor to be asked as a frosh to be on the JV squad.

The point of JV games is to develop future players, but that doesn't mean just future qbs. No disrespect to the frosh qb because he looks like he may turn into a good one, but the chances of him being able to run the JV offense right now aren't near as good as Turner is doing it (the Highlands frosh offense is only a small part of the varsity offense that the JV runs). And a whole lot of offensive players benefit and improve when the offense is successfully ran. So this isn't about what's best for the frosh qb; its what's about what is best for the rest of the players. And if Dale and the JV coaches think Turner is what's best for the JV team (which they obviously do and based on his performance they are right) then they play Turner. The frosh kid will get his chance. I don't think either of my sons got in one JV play as frosh. It didn't ruin them to stand on the sidelines and watch.

YEAH, WHAT HE SAID !! And it was from LEATHER to SUSPENSION! Nobody held a gun to this boy's head and made him go up did they? Take note from an earlier post about TEAM. Did he get in at all? If so, how's he do? If not, is he ready?....on a side note: How many plays has Lorenzen got in the last couple of YEARS? I know he gets a paycheck, but there are plenty of rewards for being a Bluebird f-baller...If that's not enough, there are plenty of other extra-curriculars he could be involved in. I got a feeling the young QB hasn't said a word....

NCBIRD:

You are right on the money. What a great kid and athlete. His mom and dad are very proud how he has handled himself during adversity. Kids like Jacob is what HHS football is all about. Work hard in the weight room, practice hard, conduct oneself in a positive manner, don't ever give up and feel sorry - and look what happens... good things happen to good people. What a life lesson. Jake will be a starter next year and for all the right reasons...

Thanks cardsfanman.

I understand SC was 25-1 in their last 26 JV games before the Birds put one on them.

I think these teams playing each other is a good thing.

Also, Scott County is definitely a public school to watch on the hunt for Green Giants.