How Many "Feeder" Middle Schools attend your favorite high school?

Montgomery Co. High (1250 kids) has only one feeder program - McNabb Middle School.

I think it is a terrible disadvantage (athletically) for a school this big to only have one feeder program.... as 2 middle schools = 10 starters coming to the frosh program.

Just wondering what other situations are...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery Co. High (1250 kids) has only one feeder program - McNabb Middle School.

I think it is a terrible disadvantage (athletically) for a school this big to only have one feeder program.... as 2 middle schools = 10 starters coming to the frosh program.

No students attend Montgomery County under KRS 157 (reciprocal agreements) from Bath, Bourbon, Clark, Nicholas, Menifee or Powell Counties?

Owsley has a junior high (7th and 8th grades). We don't have a middle school.

Most of the counties around us have just one middle school...Lee, Jackson, Clay, Breathitt.

Perry, however, has about 9 schools that are grades K-8, but no middle school. Their county basketball games and tournaments have large crowds. I think having so many different teams feeding into Perry Central is a big advantage because many more kids are getting playing time and experience before entering high school.

You're not suggesting that school systems should build more middle schools just to help their HS athletic programs are you?

I think that Pike co has 5 middle schools all with different High Schools.

Belfry at one time had 7 schools feed into it no only Belfry Middle.

Belfry - Belfry Middle

Phelps - Phelps Middle

East Ridge - Millard, Elkhorn City, and Feds Creek

Shelby Valley - Dorton and Virgie

Pike County Central - Johns Creek, Mullins, and Kimper

You're not suggesting that school systems should build more middle schools just to help their HS athletic programs are you?

I was thinking that with 1000 + middle school students, more than 15 should have the opportunity to play basketball in a competitive situation.

If that happens to help the high school program, that's ok too:D