Baker critics don't let facts get in the way...

98NCCalum

It seems those with inside Reds sources (comparable to those inside sources on the Tubby situation???) missed this one altogether.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20071016/SPT04/710160331/

Baker knew since mid-summer that he might become the Reds next manager because of a talk he had with Krivsky after the Reds fired manager Jerry Narron.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems those with inside Reds sources (comparable to those inside sources on the Tubby situation???) missed this one altogether.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20071016/SPT04/710160331/

Baker knew since mid-summer that he might become the Reds next manager because of a talk he had with Krivsky after the Reds fired manager Jerry Narron.

Honestly, I'm impressed that they were able to keep a lid on it so tightly...

Honestly, I'm impressed that they were able to keep a lid on it so tightly...

Me, too. I don't think ANYONE in ANY FORUM had that name. Somewhere I read that Dusty was approached after Narron left and he was the ONLY one they truly pursued and had pursued very shortly after Narron had left.

How that NEVER got out is amazing.

I mean we could have at least got a "my friend who is a banker just said they wired a couple million to Connecticut for someone named Dusty" post.:D:sssh:;)

Mackanin went over .500 for half a season with what looked like a bad ballclub in April and May ... I can't imagine why the Reds would have thought he wasn't up for the job.

Narron and Miley did the same when they took over. Point being???

You said that Wayne indicated they gave Pete a chance to earn the job. It seemed he did a good job maybe even a great job with what he had but didn't earn the job. Wondering what he would have had to do, to earn the job.

Good question that I doubt Wayne will ever answer...