October 14, 200718 yr From Lance's blog... The Indiana University Department of Athletics today announced that a series of recruiting sanctions and corrective actions are being imposed on men’s basketball coach Kelvin Sampson and his staff. The new limitations on recruiting efforts, which include loss of a scholarship next year, were imposed by Athletics Director Rick Greenspan after he determined that Sampson and his staff last season had exceeded certain NCAA limitations on telephone calls to prospective student-athletes or their representatives. “We determined that the impermissible calls occurred because some staff members did not fully comply with the sanctions they were operating under,” Greenspan said. “We are addressing that problem, and we are voluntarily extending these limitations on recruiting for another season to ensure that the full effect of NCAA restrictions on recruiting is realized.” Greenspan also announced that Sampson has voluntarily agreed to forego a scheduled $500,000 raise during the 2007-08 season, and that assistant coach Rob Senderoff will be prohibited for a year from making recruiting phone calls and from recruiting off campus. In addition, Senderoff will receive no bonus this season or salary increase next year. http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html
October 14, 200718 yr I guess ol' Kelvin has a problm with adhering to recruiting rules regarding phone calls. http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7332954 IU fans should be concerned about his inability to follow the rules regarding recruiting.
October 14, 200718 yr I guess ol' Kelvin has a problm with adhering to recruiting rules regarding phone calls. http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7332954 IU fans should be concerned about his inability to follow the rules regarding recruiting. I thought they knew all of this when they hired him.
October 14, 200718 yr Author I thought they knew all of this when they hired him. This is new. His assistants were putting him on three way calls while under the previous sanctions...
October 14, 200718 yr This is new. His assistants were putting him on three way calls while under the previous sanctions... Middle school student style...
October 14, 200718 yr It wont be long until he commits something major. He needs his telephone removed from his office.
October 15, 200718 yr The article said IU has pulled their offer to Bud Mackey. IU should have known they were in trouble when Kelvin Sampson showed for his press conference and the geeky Verizon guy and 200 people were there also.
October 15, 200718 yr I thought I had found a time machine when I opened this thread, what's the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."
October 15, 200718 yr What a shame! He is a low-life. I think he drag IU down even further. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
October 15, 200718 yr The article said IU has pulled their offer to Bud Mackey. IU should have known they were in trouble when Kelvin Sampson showed for his press conference and the geeky Verizon guy and 200 people were there also. Nice!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.