Perry Central 68 Clay Co 57

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the rekick was Clay and Perry got called for a personal foul (I think thats what it was) and Clay had ran the kickoff to the 20 or 15 yard line, and the officals made them rekick it. Skiny you may remember more about than I do..

!

Are you saying the refs made a mistake?

How many did Clay have ejected? That would be something to look at. Heard they had two guys ejected for fighting. Nobody from Perry Co was ejected? Were the two boys from Clay fighting each other?

What was the situation? What exactly happened on the field? Without that information, it is very hard to make a determination on just how many were ejected from either team.

Sounds like neither defense showed up in this one.

My son played HS football against PCC on the road before, and while the officials assigned to that game were pretty bad, I never felt they were trying to 'cheat' my son's team.

It does amaze me how so many are convinced that they know the motives and intent of an official. They really should all be psychics!

What was the situation? What exactly happened on the field? Without that information, it is very hard to make a determination on just how many were ejected from either team.

Sounds like neither defense showed up in this one.

My son played HS football against PCC on the road before, and while the officials assigned to that game were pretty bad, I never felt they were trying to 'cheat' my son's team.

It does amaze me how so many are convinced that they know the motives and intent of an official. They really should all be psychics!

That is true, I think officials get this label but with reality, it is rules knowledge that is the realy problem. Not knowing who officiated, we usually work in the 14th due to them having low number of official but we did not have this one. Probably due to the Clay being from our region. It could have been a crew from the 15th....?

That is a lot of points and not sure if you can blame poor officiating to all those points. Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror, both teams. Yes, one player can be DQ in a game. Did he throw a punch?

As a veteran official, I do remember my younger years and blame a lot of my mistakes on poor rules knowledge but yet fans will continue to say I cheat or whatever they want to say. That is unfortunate but most of us know this prior to becoming an official.... good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

Its hard to sit and tell you all the bad calls that were called, it was obvious that the officals where pulling for PC, anyone who was their knows that..Im sure the PC coach even knows that that win his team did not deserve..

Also yes both teams Defense was pretty bad, but if you was not their you dont understand that everytime Clay got PC down to 3rd and 10 or 15 they would be flag called and PC would get their first down.. Clay made some good stops several times but it always seemed that when it looked like PC didnt have a prayer they would be a call that would give them their miracle... Clay Co had to earn alot of their TDs twice...

Anyway, All Clay Co fans that was their along with anyone was their knows what happend that night, and all the TIgers can do now, is get tougher and give it all they have and hopefully Clay will meet PC again and then everyone will know what the true outcome should have been..

Just look at the teams that PC and CLay both have played..

Hazard beat PC by almost 40 points, they beat clay by 1 @ Hazard

Letcher Central beat PC by almost 50 points, they beat CLay by 3 points.. I mean come on people.. But if you were their friday night you know what happend...

But Im done talking about this game..Now Clay just needs to worry about beating whitley!~

Just look at the teams that PC and CLay both have played..

Hazard beat PC by almost 40 points, they beat clay by 1 @ Hazard

Letcher Central beat PC by almost 50 points, they beat CLay by 3 points.. I mean come on people.. But if you were their friday night you know what happend...

No way can you make the assessment of how teams played against other teams it just never works. I know we all like to sit around and do it but you just can't every team matches up differently and what you do against one team may work better than what the other team does. But what the other team does make work a lot better against you.

Whitley lost the previous week and they gave up over 50 points to PCC. It may be that their offense is hitting its stride. Whiltey had two TDs called back but did that cost them the game? No it was the other plays that they failed to make the rest of the game that cost them the game.

I would like to blame the officials and I would be the first to admit I have in the past but I would like to think I have grown and am a little more honest with myself.

BTW congrats to PCC on the nice win.

All I can say is if you had attended the game you would have agree with me, its ashame what happend Friday night. And it was obvious at the game that even some PC fans thought it got out of control...

Once again I will state, I would bet that PCs coach is not very proud of that win, because being a man of football he knows what went on Friday night.

but enough about that game...

Does Clay play Whitley in 2 weeks?

Ok I know a little about football and supertrooper I dont know buddy but I have seen the film and your team should have had more than 2 thrown out of that game. There was a forearm shiver to the head of PCC qb while he was down that was not called (that is automatic ejection). And when your team has 2 ejected and has about 6 personel fouls how on earth can you blame the refs. Ask Madison Central about refs they come down to Clay Co. the 1st bball game of the 98-99 season with 2 D1 athletes (Marquis Estill 6'9 played at uk) they had 4 sign full rides off that team. Yea this is the same team that went to the final 4 and the only reason they got beat is because Marquis was hurt or they would have won the state title. Clay beat them by 1 that night in a game that Madison Central head coach was extremly mad. Oh by the way the same 2 teams faced off at Lex Cath in December and Madison Central beat them by I think 38 or 39 and if they had wanted to it could have been 50. Do you remember that!!!!!