Perry Central 68 Clay Co 57

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen stop with the comments about how funny it is that clay co is talking about cheating...Any person from Clay will tell you yes in the Bobby Keith days, Clay Co did get the calls.. And that was wrong...

If you wasnt their last night then you dont know what your talking about, Those were kids out there last night, and those grown men did those boys horrible!

The thing about the rekick was Clay and Perry got called for a personal foul (I think thats what it was) and Clay had ran the kickoff to the 20 or 15 yard line, and the officals made them rekick it. Skiny you may remember more about than I do..

Im done talking about that game, because it literally makes my blood pressure rise... Those grown men should be ashamed of themselves..

Also for for people like Basher, I would bet that if you was there last night you would have been VERY angry of how the Clay Co boys were cheated. No matter if you hate a team or not what happend last night was PATHETIC!

Well I watched the game from the main top of the home teams bleachers and I only saw 2 bad calls the entire night.

The first one was the roughing the passer call. PCC's QB had been running the draw all night long and CHS was probably looking for it and they hit the QB for PCC as he released the ball. Bad call.

The 2nd bad call of the night was the illegal use of the helmet call. PCC's QB was very low to the ground and the play from CHS had to get low and use his helmet on him. Bad call, but questionable.

I really thought PCC had a much better team than Clay. Honestly this is one of the worst Clay County teams I have ever saw. They were very very small and played several Freshmen. Any team that allows over 40 points dont deserve to win anyways. Ryan Miller man handled them and he is a good 5'7-165 on a good day. I mean he carried Clays players all over the field Friday night. Great job by the way Ryno. We are all proud of you. 12 TD's in 2 games is unbelieveable. Maybe if Clays coach would of put the ball in 44's hands more they may of came away victorious. Kind of reminded me of a young Deshae back in the day.

I dont think PCC has ever beaten Clay in football so this hit the Clay fans very hard. All I have to say is, get used to it if Bert Browne sticks around. He's doing a remarkable job. Good job Dores.

You have got to be kidding me... Im sure your a huge Perry Central fan, but I still do not see how you could sit and say that you are proud of that win!! It is one thing to sit and say that a game was called right when it was the worst called football game I have seen, but then when you want to sit and put Clay Cos team down now that is just Pathetic!!

You say that a team does not deserve the win when they let a team score over 40 pts on them..Well Im pretty sure that Clay Co scored more than 40 and we all know that PC didnt not deserve that win, and Whitley Co scored more than 40 so I suppose you didnt deserve that win....

Look at your record at teams that Clay has played..

Hazard 65- PC-26

Hazard 34 Clay- 33

LetcherCent- 63 PC- 14

LetcherCent-40 Clay-37

Look at those scores and then you sit and talk trash about a team that "really did" beat you..

Dont sit and put Clays team down when anyone who watched that game and has looked at the records knows who the better team is..

But you know Im sure PC's coach is not proud of that win, hes a grown man that knows about football and he knows what happend friday night.

Listen stop with the comments about how funny it is that clay co is talking about cheating...Any person from Clay will tell you yes in the Bobby Keith days, Clay Co did get the calls.. And that was wrong...

If you wasnt their last night then you dont know what your talking about, Those were kids out there last night, and those grown men did those boys horrible!

The thing about the rekick was Clay and Perry got called for a personal foul (I think thats what it was) and Clay had ran the kickoff to the 20 or 15 yard line, and the officals made them rekick it. Skiny you may remember more about than I do..

Im done talking about that game, because it literally makes my blood pressure rise... Those grown men should be ashamed of themselves..

Also for for people like Basher, I would bet that if you was there last night you would have been VERY angry of how the Clay Co boys were cheated. No matter if you hate a team or not what happend last night was PATHETIC!

I didn't see the game and really don't have a dog in the fight. However, if you admit to how the basketball games were called back then are you ashamed of the wins the Tigers accumulated on the hardwood and how badly the opposing teams were treated. If you truly are and therefore think that all Tiger fans should be ashamed of those wins then go ahead and criticize the officials against PCC. If you want to still claim those basketball victories then let the football game go. Karma has a way of evening things out. Clay's biggest problem is that they are allowing 40+ points a game in their losses.

It dosen't just happen on the hardwood at clay. Last year in a middle school

football game we had 2 touchdowns and 2 extra points called back for no reason. We watched film and could never find the foul they called on us. We held on to win the the game bearly. Clay is one of those places you know you are going to get it when you go over there. So what is the ol saying?

What goes around, comes around.

It dosen't just happen on the hardwood at clay. Last year in a middle school

football game we had 2 touchdowns and 2 extra points called back for no reason. We watched film and could never find the foul they called on us. We held on to win the the game bearly. Clay is one of those places you know you are going to get it when you go over there. So what is the ol saying?

What goes around, comes around.

I worry about guys on here that would insinuate ANY kid deserves to be cheated. "what goes around, comes around"????? Come on! I don't think kids should be cheated under any circumstance, much less payback from what a few adults did in the past.

You "held on to win the game" at Clay, and you're on here complaining????? If it was that close and the refs wanted to take it, trust me, they would have.

It happens everywhere guys. Sometimes it just gets ridiculous and that's why the Clay fans are raising cane on this one.

I didn't see the game and really don't have a dog in the fight. However, if you admit to how the basketball games were called back then are you ashamed of the wins the Tigers accumulated on the hardwood and how badly the opposing teams were treated. If you truly are and therefore think that all Tiger fans should be ashamed of those wins then go ahead and criticize the officials against PCC. If you want to still claim those basketball victories then let the football game go. Karma has a way of evening things out. Clay's biggest problem is that they are allowing 40+ points a game in their losses.

You've done your fair share of Ref complaining my friend. I hope you're not another one making insinuations ("Karma") that kids deserve to be cheated. Some of the posts on here seems to point that way.

Oh! If you don't have a dog in this fight...Why are you running around nipping at our heels?

I have read an entire page of complaining about the refs cheating and horrible calls, but the only specific example a Clay County fan has given was the re-kick. The Perry Central fan gave insight on two calls.... please site specific examples that had a direct result on the game, that way we can all be informed, and Perry Central fans have their chance to give their side of the viewpoint on those calls.

I don't care how bad the officiating was, if your defense allows over 40 points to Perry Central (let alone 68!) then you probably did not deserve to win.

I have read an entire page of complaining about the refs cheating and horrible calls, but the only specific example a Clay County fan has given was the re-kick. The Perry Central fan gave insight on two calls.... please site specific examples that had a direct result on the game, that way we can all be informed, and Perry Central fans have their chance to give their side of the viewpoint on those calls.

I don't care how bad the officiating was, if your defense allows over 40 points to Perry Central (let alone 68!) then you probably did not deserve to win.

Yes, the Clay defense allowed 68 points, but many of those points were as a direct result of a call on the field. It's difficult to explain some of the calls because they were not explained to the fans or coaches during the game. I'm going to explain one call, and one call only...Not that one call made the difference, there were more than one like it. Close score late in the game, Clay almost scoring at will (as is PCC), Clay has them held at 3rd and about 15 near mid field, if they make PCC punt Clay will more than likely go down and take the lead. PCC snaps the ball and hands it off (I don't know if it's a broken play or not), Clay stuffs the play at the line of scrimmage, the play takes no more than 3 seconds from start to end, a play we see several times in every game...The white hat throws the flag before, repeat, BEFORE the 3 second play ends, signals personal foul without an explanation (the only foul in the situation that gives PCC a first down). It was a one in a 100,000 play call. It's a call you would NEVER make in such a battle. Both teams were fighting for the win. The players would have been satisfied to determine the winner without the phantom flags. It was nothing other than a call to give them a first down and it could very well have made the difference. I can't be 100% sure, but I think there was 5 or 6 personal fouls called in the game, all on big plays. Sadly, this stuff exists, and the Clay fans are no different than any other fans...When it is this bad, we will complain.

Honestly, it was obvious. I confronted some PCC fans on our sidelines and although they said nothing, I could see it in their faces. I'm not talking screaming mothers, I confronted 10 grown men alone, they said nothing. I will give those guys some credit, they showed some class by letting me know they understood my frustration, without saying a word.

Alright, enough of the cheating conversation. In a HS Football game where the total points are 125, both teams have no one to blame, but themselves.

Calls may go for you or against but if any defense was played, the scores would not be this high. Either discuss the players and give them the recognition, or this one is done.

I was not at the PCC and CCHS game but I do want to add this. When Bobby Keith was at CCHS the refs didn't have to help CCHS win. CCHS went nationwide to win games during the 87&88 seasons specifically and plenty of games statewide during the years 87-90. CCHS was just that good. The only difference would have been winning by 50 instead of 30. :fight:

Yeah Im tired of talking about this now, anyone was at that game knows what happend and thats a fact. I just hope Clay meets PC again with a different officiating crew.

I think all Clays fans will agree that our Defense did not do much Friday night, but if you was at the game you would have saw that everytime Clay had PC down 3rd and 10 or 15, they would be a flag called.... and PC would get their 1st down...

Also I think they were 2 Clay players ejected, and 1 assistant coach ejected.. and Coach Stepp got a warning...