Cumberland VS Harlan...One Last Time

Scatbackskin2

Who wins  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

In what will probably be the last time that these two teams play, the Skins travel to Harlan to take on the Green Dragons.

This one will be a slobber nocker as it always is and I see the Skins coming away with a 40-14 win.

Cumberland's physicalness (this is a word isn't it???) along with the speed of Nathaniel Gilliam and Lance Simmons will be the difference.

It's a shame that this may be the last time these two teams go at one another. I think it's safe to say that both teams don't like each other....but, there is respect....A lot of close games over the years.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Harlan will score, but I don't think it will be more than 10 or 14 points. There's just no consistent weapon for the Dragons. They can pass a little, they have very little big run capability and Cumberland is just too tough on both sides of the ball.

After seeing both play,

I'm going to have to say 40 something to 14, Skins take it.

Skins by a lot if they play like they are capable of playing. Good luck Skins!!

Oh yeah, this won't be the last time the Cumberland kids get to play against Harlan. Rumor is that the KHSAA is going to allow Harlan County Black Bears to play in class 3A ( Cawood schedule) next year until the '09 allignment and then will go 5A. If that is the case then Harlan and Harlan County will play next year, that is, if Harlan don't buy the contract out.:sssh:

I think Cumberland probably has the advantage personnel wise, but in these rivalry-type games, anything can, and usually does happen. A fumble here, a penalty there, and then you look up and its in the 4th quarter and the favorite is behind....happens all the time. Anyway, good luck to both teams!

Skins by a lot if they play like they are capable of playing. Good luck Skins!!

Oh yeah, this won't be the last time the Cumberland kids get to play against Harlan. Rumor is that the KHSAA is going to allow Harlan County Black Bears to play in class 3A ( Cawood schedule) next year until the '09 allignment and then will go 5A. If that is the case then Harlan and Harlan County will play next year, that is, if Harlan don't buy the contract out.:sssh:

Just because they are 3A doesn't mean anything. Harlan will not have to play them if they choose not to. They are in 1A and just because they played Cawood they would not have to play the new school.

ballaholic

Yes they will have to play. Unless Harlan buys the contract out. You did not understand my post. The KHSAA has or is going to rule that Harlan County High School will play Cawood's schedule and district for one year until the new realignment in '09. Therefore Harlan will either have to play or buy the contract out.

That would be great news for the new school and I hope it isn't just a rumor.

Why would the Green Slim care they are already playing two teams in that district this year. They play both Perry Central and Clay Co so what is the big deal about a one year thing with Harlan County?

If this is true I think it just makes the transition of the school a little better for the team. So I guess then it would be Breathitt, Fleming Co. Estill Co,

Powell Co. and Harlan County for one year?

ballaholic

Yes they will have to play. Unless Harlan buys the contract out. You did not understand my post. The KHSAA has or is going to rule that Harlan County High School will play Cawood's schedule and district for one year until the new realignment in '09. Therefore Harlan will either have to play or buy the contract out.

I don't know anything about this, but it could be something like the awsome team Mercer Co. had last year before moving up in class.

Cumberland will probably take care of business in solid fashion, but if I know J.B. Donahue any at all, he will do everything he possibly can to have his guys ready to play and will make sure they play their hearts out in this one. J.B has always had a tough time with Cumberland even when the Dragons had the better team. I wouldn't be surprised to see Harlan reverse that trend and play the Skins a little closer than most might think!!!!! Having said that however, Cumberland's speed is very difficult to deal with so I am guessing like 34-14 Skins