Scatbackskin2

Who wins  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great news for the new school and I hope it isn't just a rumor.

Why would the Green Slim care they are already playing two teams in that district this year. They play both Perry Central and Clay Co so what is the big deal about a one year thing with Harlan County?

If this is true I think it just makes the transition of the school a little better for the team. So I guess then it would be Breathitt, Fleming Co. Estill Co,

Powell Co. and Harlan County for one year?

I guess you would love it if I came up with a derogatory name for your team now huh? Oh and its "slime" if you are going to write at least spell it correctly! This is a no class post.

Its a tough year for the Dragons. However stranger things have happened in this district. I guarentee you one thing, the boys are giving it their all. Thats all you can ask of a team. Harlan will be around a long time. Like the boys are saying "down but not out". As long as you are leaving it all out there on the field, there is no reason to hang your head. Go Big Green!

ballaholic

Yes they will have to play. Unless Harlan buys the contract out. You did not understand my post. The KHSAA has or is going to rule that Harlan County High School will play Cawood's schedule and district for one year until the new realignment in '09. Therefore Harlan will either have to play or buy the contract out.

Blackbears,

You may be right about that. I didn't think of it that way, but are you sure this wasn't the second year of the contract. That is usually how long they last. Also, did they sign a two year contract because of the new school being built. It might have been a one year contract. I guess we will find out when the schedule is released, but if they signed a two year contract they will have to return the game.

Pappy,

I didn't make an error. Green Slim was actually what my Junior High Coach called you guys. It is kind of an inside joke but if you would like I can go with Green SLIME. I haven't made any negative comments about your Dragons so why the lecture about class? Is it not correct you all already have two 5a teams on the schedule?

As far as Cumberland, I am hoping for another county victory and Cumberland does seem to be on a mission so I will go with the skins by a lot.

However, this is Cumberland and Harlan and It wouldn't shock me to see this one go down to the wire and go either way.

Pappy,

I didn't make an error. Green Slim was actually what my Junior High Coach called you guys. It is kind of an inside joke but if you would like I can go with Green SLIME. I haven't made any negative comments about your Dragons so why the lecture about class? Is it not correct you all already have two 5a teams on the schedule?

As far as Cumberland, I am hoping for another county victory and Cumberland does seem to be on a mission so I will go with the skins by a lot.

However, this is Cumberland and Harlan and It wouldn't shock me to see this one go down to the wire and go either way.

Green slim makes no sense but whatever you say about that :rolleyes:

And if you need to call names go ahead. I will refrain myself out of respect for most county fans that post sensibly. I'm sure some fans in the county would love to put all the teams together to play Harlan. And if it weren't strictly for that purpose, it would be fine. It would take quite a few wins to catch up with the deficit over the years if you combine the Ws and the Ls of Harlan against county teams, but I'm sure being a 5A, playing 3A, playing a 1A, it would eventually happen. As for Cumberland, they are a heavy favorite, no doubt and I believe Cumberland will finish 2nd in the district should the skins indeed beat my Dragons this week.

Pappy, take a deep breath and count to 3....now do you feel better.

I will have to take the Skins by 4 TD's. I really believe that the Skins are on a mission to win this district and make some noise in the playoffs.

I do actually, but good ole lungbuster knows what buttons to push. I agree, and unlike Evarts and this is just my opinion the Skins won't hang their season on beating Harlan. When you get satisfied with yourself, you are done. As I said, if Cumberland beats Harlan, I think they will finish 2nd behind Hazard.

You have such a way with words. :creepy:

I didn't mean anything by it. Harlan is having a very, very bad year. I can't and I won't predict them to beat a very good Cumberland team. Sorry if that offends you but Cumberland is by far the superior team--and Harlan is a bad team THIS year.

I didn't mean anything by it. Harlan is having a very, very bad year. I can't and I won't predict them to beat a very good Cumberland team. Sorry if that offends you but Cumberland is by far the superior team--and Harlan is a bad team THIS year.

Ya see, started out good and by the time you are done, ya done it again. Its ok AJG, at least you are consistently tactless.

If I only play when I know I can win then the W's are going to be greater than the L's but that is another topic. As far as being excited about the new school and the talk of Cawood's schedule being for the purpose of beating Harlan you have lost your mind. You are giving yourself way to much credit big guy. That is something that could be a positive for the county schools and has nothing to do with Harlan. Lighten up and remember the world doesn't revolve around the Green team.

Also, I highly doubt that Evarts has given up and the season is over because they beat Harlan. They will get back on track and finish out strong but if they don't it doesn't have anything to do with Harlan. Good luck to all the county teams this friday!

If I only play when I know I can win then the W's are going to be greater than the L's but that is another topic. As far as being excited about the new school and the talk of Cawood's schedule being for the purpose of beating Harlan you have lost your mind. You are giving yourself way to much credit big guy. That is something that could be a positive for the county schools and has nothing to do with Harlan. Lighten up and remember the world doesn't revolve around the Green team.

Also, I highly doubt that Evarts has given up and the season is over because they beat Harlan. They will get back on track and finish out strong but if they don't it doesn't have anything to do with Harlan. Good luck to all the county teams this friday!

It may not be everyone's purpose, but it is some folks. Not the kids now, kids just want to play and have a shot at winning, but some folks in really high places, well, thats another matter. However, if kids are built up that a certain game is their whole season, then it is dangerous, no matter who you are. Now to be clear, theres no doubt that Harlan hasn't been a factor in and of itself yet this year. What I was saying is that emotionally kids can be led to believe a certain game is the most important, and it could be unconsiously or consiously. I think Evarts got satisfied after beating Harlan. Cawood didn't, they have played fairly consitently since then and I would have bet the other way around would have been the case. Now I've lightened up, can you?

Speaking of Ws and Ls. One of the "final battle" shirts has the Harlan/Cumberland record at 31-28-1 in favor of Harlan. I noticed the shirt lacked years 63-65. Is this accurate? I'm guessing the flood had something to do with it? Anyone know or have the resources to find out? This is the closest any county school is to Harlan in total wins. It has been a great rivalry. Just curious.