32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Thurs. Oct 4th game

• McCreary Central
    • Rockcastle County

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying any of you is wrong about predicting such one-sided scores! However, I can tell you this. With 10 min left to go in the Knox game the score was 12-6 and any team that put up big numbers (with the exception of Oneida TN) were pass oreinted teams. The Raiders improved greatly on their pass defense and showed that against Madison So., even though it is still the weakest part of their "D". They have shown that they are a very good run stopping defense this year (I believe that is what Rockcastle does best) with the exceptinon of the Oneida game. I have no excuse for that game, the Raiders didn't show up to play and Oneida did. That has happened to every team in the country at one time or another. I don't blame the Raider football player's because the coaching staff should have spotted the lack of motivation and found a way to get theiir team ready to play. I think we will find out what kind of grit the Raiders have and in a short week we will find out if the coaching staff can coach! I think the Raiders will put on a good show and at the end of the day, win or lose, the Rockets will know that they were in a football game.:fight:

Wow, the best in the state? I don't know about that. He is good ( great for what McCreary's had in past years) but there are a lot of better 10th grade backs in the state. Let's hold off on those comments until after this game. This will be a test to see if he is "the real deal".

Wow, the best in the state? I don't know about that. He is good ( great for what McCreary's had in past years) but there are a lot of better 10th grade backs in the state. Let's hold off on those comments until after this game. This will be a test to see if he is "the real deal".

Name 5 better Sophomore backs than him. I can't even think of two.

Bronco99 Two school you have beaten are 1-11. Rock has 3 nice wins, looks like trouble to me.

That is true. but the Raiders played Knox very close for most of the game. W-burg and leslie could have went either way (both very close games). Clinton is not a very good team but the win against Madison So. was a win against a very good team and they may have the all around most athletic team I have seen this year (they have only one 1 game but they have a monsterous schedule). As I said before, I am not making any excuses about the Oneida game the Raiders simply didn't show up to play and if they do that this week Rockcastle will beat them by 60. However, I think McCreary will get refocused and come out to play some football this week and that is all I am saying. If Mccreary comes to play it should be at the very least an interesting game to watch. Good luck to Rockcastle and I hope we have a great game to watch.

With 10 min left to go in the Knox game the score was 12-6 and any team that put up big numbers (with the exception of Oneida TN) were pass oreinted teams.

I've been saying for two years that McCreary is an improving team. Making the playoffs in their first year in this tough district proves it. However, I think you're making to too much of the KC game. Another way to look at it is a ground oriented team scored 20 points on you in ten minutes, at the end, in crunch time when the really good teams get it done.

Rock will win this one. Their offense may be struggling but their defense is plenty capable of handling this.

Name 5 better Sophomore backs than him. I can't even think of two.

In the end I agree that he will be one of the top 2 or 3 backs out of his class in the state, however, I have to say right now it is to early to judge, because there are plenty of schools where soph. backs just don't get a chance to play and usually these are the best schools talent wise in the state like Trinity, St. X etc...

I've been saying for two years that McCreary is an improving team. Making the playoffs in their first year in this tough district proves it. However, I think you're making to too much of the KC game. Another way to look at it is a ground oriented team scored 20 points on you in ten minutes, at the end, in crunch time when the really good teams get it done.

Rock will win this one. Their offense may be struggling but their defense is plenty capable of handling this.

I don't think I am making to much of the Knox game, it is what it is. I do agree that a really good team would not give up 20 points at the end of the game (we actually gave them up in about 6 min). A TD, a recovered onside kick with a quick score and a punt return inside the 10 after a three an out by McCreary and you have 20 quick points. But remember, this run oriented team had to score half of its points through the air which says a lot about McCreary's run defense and now their pass defense is much improved which they proved against Madison Southern. I am not making any claims of McCreary being able to beat Rockcastle, I am just saying that Mccreary could make it an interesting game to watch if they come to play. IMO!