Mayfield 16 Pad Tilghman 6

just 4 fun

Upset?

I think not...According to the poll, Mayfield was picked by 24 to 2.. Actually these teams are pretty even all the way around...Both have very good speed and defenses...I think Mayfield has a few more weapons in there arsenal on the offensive side though...They'll be a tough out for anyone in 1a...

My thoughts from attending the game. PT slightly outplayed Mayfield in the first half but Mayfield lead 7-6 at the half. In saying that, it was about even but PT moved the ball a little more than Mayfield and enjoyed the field position advantage making Mayfield have to start most of their drives deep in Cardinal territory. There were three significant first half plays that gave Mayfield the edge at the half. The first play was a int at midfield that Mayfield failed to do anything with but it got the Cards out of the hole on field position. The second was a long pass that eventually led to a 3rd down TD pass. The third was after Mayfield scored PT responded with a business like drive down the field for a TD but the celebration after the TD by PT costs them a celebration penalty and that led to a long extra point try that was no good.

The second half was a different story, Mayfield made adjustments on both sides of the ball and really dominated the entire second half. On offense the Cards moved the ball on every drive and that led to improved field position. On defense the Cards really clamped down on the PT offense. PT's offense seemed to try a different strategy in the second half that led them away from trying to pass, not that they did alot of it in the first half but they were much more balanced. Mayfield stuffed it all night long in the second half. PT is much better than their record but they were clearly inferior tonight to Mayfield, espically in the Mayfield dominated second half.

Very Nice crowd at the game for both teams. Mayfield and PT have a mutual respect for each other and it shows on the field and off it. Armstrong played fantastic, he throws the ball where nobody but our recievers have a chance to catch the ball. Mccuiston played very well also, he caught some great throws and he had a very nice defensive game. Kudos to Simpkins, Pruitt and the offensive line and the play of our freshmen who dont play like freshmen. Well done men.

**Mayfield's Bend not break "D" was in full force...It is amazing to see the prep work done by DC Coach Lawson and staff. I am amazed at how the "D" recognizes the play before the snap. One like 5 different occasions Mayfield was on the ball carrier almost before the ball was handed off or pitched!

**Jared McCuistion was definitely offensive player of the game! Two times he went right down the seam and reeled in TD passes from Armstrong on 3rd and long.

**Paducah is better than their record and look to be fast, but have no kicking game and not much of a passing game. McNutt kicking off through the endzone, punting decent and his FG kicking was a big advantage in this game.

**Great crowd for both sides at the game!

**Sloppy game with five motion penalities and 7 total penalities for the game. Also fumbled while driving down the field. Overall a good win and on to Fulton County next week!

I'd be interested to see if Mayfield gets bumped up to first place this week in the 1A polls, with Beechwood losing to CovCath, a 5A school. I would say that Mayfield deserves it, but I personally think we would be better off in 2nd place.

I think they'll close the gap on the Beechies, but, not overtake them.. Cov Cath isn't a bad loss, regardless of record or what type season they're having..The same could be said if Mayfield would have lost to Tilghman. Both big rivalry games that anything can happen and usually does...