Mayfield 16 Pad Tilghman 6

just 4 fun

Very good win for the Cards in this one...nice to see Logan back at QB and seemed to do fine with the injury. Cards defense really stepped up again in containing Tilghman's speed and not letting them break any long runs for touchdows. Also have to compliment the two freshman DeCole Noonan and Javarius Richardson who both played a heck of a defensive game for the Cardinals on Friday night. The whole team played well and deserved the hard fought victory. Now on to Fulton County Friday night for a big district matchup. Great job CARDS!!!

................................................................................Mayfield ..................................Tilghman

First downs ..............................................................10................................................ 12

Rushing attempts.................................................... 32................................................. 44

Rushing yards ........................................................106 ..............................................166

Passing................................................................. 6-12-0 ...........................................7-12-1

Passing yards......................................................... 154 ................................................84

Total yards .............................................................260 ................................................250

Fumbles-lost ...........................................................1-1 .................................................1-1

Penalties ..................................................................7-42.............................................. 3-45

I think its important for Mayfield to experience these close games where one or two plays seperate them from their opponent. They never seemed to panic, even when up 7-6 at half. I also like the fact that we throw the ball quite a bit (by Mayfield's standards), because we need to be multi-dimensional come playoff time.......overall, quality win for the Cards....

Side note: Brent Simpkins is a madman at middle linebacker. He is in on almost every play!!

I still say Tilghman is all that stands in the way of Louisville Central winning their first state title in football. I expect the Blue Tornado to bounce back and fair very well inside their district. Best of luck to Mayfield as well. I prefer traditional powers in Louisville in December:thumb:.

I still say Tilghman is all that stands in the way of Louisville Central winning their first state title in football. I expect the Blue Tornado to bounce back and fair very well inside their district. Best of luck to Mayfield as well. I prefer traditional powers in Louisville in December:thumb:.

:thumb: