Andre' Woodson to be drafted by the Chicago Bears?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the QBs taken in the 1st round this year to some needy teams are:

1. Colt Brennen

2. Brian Brohm

3. Andre' Woodson

Yes, I think Woodson will fall a little bit to 3rd QB taken, and I think Brennen is the real deal.

Those are 3 good QBs, but I think Woodson makes some throws that the other two aren't capable of. He has thrown almost 300 consecutive passes without an interception. He also has the full array of throws - including the ones you see from guys on Sundays.

No way is Colt Brennan taken before Brohm and Woodson. Absolutely no way.

Agreed. His numbers are a little inflated thanks to the almighty and ever powerful WAC conference. Woodson and Brohm have proven themselves much more then Brennan has, therefore being much more solid picks.

If he is a free agent there will be more than the Bears pursuing him but like UKMF said, they will not let him go.

If the price is right then I believe Mr. Jones will up that price & keep him around.

The Cowboys will slap him with the franchise player tag before they will let him go as a free agent.

I would say that the Bears are a possibility but I don't see McNabb in Chicago unless they dump some SERIOUS salary. I think Andre could be drafted around the same time that Quinn was drafted. I could see Andre being drafted by a 9-7 or 10-6 team like Green Bay, San Diego, or Kansas City.

San Diego, or KC seem like pretty good fits.

Andre will be drafted in the Top 3 overall, and the 1st QB taken, so no, he won't be going to Chicago unless their wheels fall completely off.

I do think McNabb will be the QB in Chitown next season.

I'd think Woodson will be in Miami or Kansas City; although, Petrino taking him over Brohm for Atlanta would be freaking hilarious.

You're really starting to lose credibility, IMO.....

First you say he will be top 3....and that is actually a slight, slight chance....but not likely whatsover (especially since we don't know who those teams are yet)

Second.....you may have something with McNabb in the Windy City..though I see Philly bucking up to keep him....

Lastly, there is NO WAY at all that Bobby takes Andre over a healthy Brian Brohm...I WILL bet my wife's car on it...

Those are 3 good QBs, but I think Woodson makes some throws that the other two aren't capable of. He has thrown almost 300 consecutive passes without an interception. He also has the full array of throws - including the ones you see from guys on Sundays.

I agree, the 3 of them are all great....Andre holds some advantages that others may not...but he has a glaring weakness that the pro's will never ignore...his slow release....I think he WILL improve that, but in time for the draft? No one knows, really.

First you say he will be top 3....and that is actually a slight, slight chance....but not likely whatsover (especially since we don't know who those teams are yet)

Second.....you may have something with McNabb in the Windy City..though I see Philly bucking up to keep him....

Lastly, there is NO WAY at all that Bobby takes Andre over a healthy Brian Brohm...I WILL bet my wife's car on it...

What type of car does she drive?

Really? We'll see. When Brohm is in a t-shirt and shorts it's going to make folks nervous. I'm not putting any stock at all in UL's two losses. None. Nothing to do with it.

We'll see, I already have a "wager" with Ram2003 and if BB gets drafted ahead of Woodson I'll be sporting a UL avatar for 4 months. I'm not nervous.

Brian will be next year's Brady Quinn. He'll be in the Green Room much longer than most would expect, however he'll then berewarded by going to a much better situation.

We'll see who is credible in April...I won't be hard to find.

No way is Colt Brennan taken before Brohm and Woodson. Absolutely no way.

I agree. Brohm and Woodson have put up their numbers against much better competition. Brennan won't see any real stiff competition until his final game this season against Washington. Last year, both UL and UK had top 25 schedules and I believe they both do this year as well.

Woodson has thrown nearly 300 passes without a pick, ... Brohm has put up 7 straight 300 yard games. I think our 2 KY boys are the first 2 QB's taken. Who's first? Who knows! If I needed a QB right now, I would probably take Brohm, ... however, if I had a year or two to develop somebody into a franchise QB, I would take Woodson. Just my humble opinion.

Keep in mind when you're attacking opinions, you are the one too close to the situation to be objective and I'm the one with no dog in the fight (UK fan, yes, but my track record is clear over the last 6 years here that I'm the FURTHEST thing from a homer). I've never met Andre Woodson, am not "close to the family", and therefore am making a completely independent OPINION.

Just food for thought before you go off all hell-bent in defense of a friend of yours.