Andre' Woodson to be drafted by the Chicago Bears?

Was listening to ESPNEWS on my radio today and they were talking about how Griese and Grossman are in the final year of their contracts. Grossman will be gone and McNabb might be the guy, and they said they could draft a QB to be their longterm solution. With that said if the Bears don't pick it up and they do pretty bad this season is there a chance that Andre' Woodson could be the future QB for the Bears? Could be mentored by Donovan McNabb and then come in, in a couple of years. What say you?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre will be drafted in the Top 3 overall, and the 1st QB taken, so no, he won't be going to Chicago unless their wheels fall completely off.

I do think McNabb will be the QB in Chitown next season.

I'd think Woodson will be in Miami or Kansas City; although, Petrino taking him over Brohm for Atlanta would be freaking hilarious.

Andre will be drafted in the Top 3 overall, and the 1st QB taken, so no, he won't be going to Chicago unless their wheels fall completely off.

I do think McNabb will be the QB in Chitown next season.

I'd think Woodson will be in Miami or Kansas City; although, Petrino taking him over Brohm for Atlanta would be freaking hilarious.

And very possible, IMO...

I was studying this a few weeks ago...the team's I expect to do bad this year.

Miami - Not sure they'll take a QB since they spent a 2nd rounder on one last year and they have Green to bridge the gap...and O-Line is their biggest need, IMO.

Buffalo - Losman is their guy for now, and they need defense.

Cleveland - Brady Quinn

Kansas City - It's a possibility, but I think they'll stick with the Croyle experiment as their future QB for now, so I don't expect them to take a QB.

Oakland - JaMarcus Russell...and they sure don't need another QB on their roster.

Detroit - They like Stanton for the future from what I hear and read, but I think they'd strongly consider a QB.

Minnesota - No brainer...they have to get a QB, IMO.

Atlanta - Ditto (above).

Other teams (some of whom could finish worse than expected with some bad breaks)...

NYJets - They seem to like Kellen Clemens.

Cincinnati - Carson Palmer and too many defensive holes...no chance.

Jacksonville - Could definitely use a QB, but I doubt they finish that bad.

Houston - Seem to have finally found their guy with Schaub, and they're looking pretty solid thus far.

Tennessee - Vince is their guy, and they're looking good too.

NYGiants - Can't see them dropping Eli...

Washington - They like Campbell and he looks pretty good to me.

Philadelphia - Interesting, although it's hard to see them drafting a QB after they got Kolb in the 2nd round last year...I still think they keep McNabb.

Chicago - Definitely need a QB, but it's not likely they finish that bad.

Tampa Bay - They're off to a good start, but I didn't expect it, so it could fall apart...and they could use a QB.

New Orleans - The opposite of Tampa, IMO...and they don't need a QB.

NFC West - All these teams are set at QB...

I think Andre will be the first or second QB taken, but if he's not there are a lot of teams who are set at QB (or at least think they have the guy for the future), so depending on the draft order, he could drop down because a lot of teams won't be looking for that position.

Minnesota, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Chicago and Tampa Bay are the 5 teams who need a QB worst, IMO. Some of the others, like KC, have 2nd and 3rd rounders on their roster whom they like, so there is no guarantee they'll take a QB.

My honest opinion, as of now, is that Atlanta will finish with the worst record and get the #1 pick and they will, in fact, draft Andre Woodson.

I agree 100% on this. :thumb::thumb:

I do disagree whole-heartedly that Kansas City is going forward with Brodie Croyle. Just my opinion.

I don't necessarily think KC would be making the right move by passing on a 1st round talent at QB, but when it comes down to it, I think they will. I think they'll stick with Croyle.

Wouldn't Atlanta go for Brohm over Woodson, since Petrino is the HC?

They'll draft the guy who they feel is the best player and I think that will be Andre Woodson.

If they do end up drafting Brohm, it will be because they rated him as the best player, not because Petrino coached him in college.

Didn't matter with taking Jamaal Anderson over Amobi Okoye

:thumb:

These guys in the NFL do not draft players out of loyalty because they coached them in college...they draft based on who they feel is the best player.

Look at Tennessee...I know Norm Chow isn't the head coach, but you'd be naive to think his input isn't highly influential...with the third pick, they took Vince Young over Matt Leinart. Personally, I think Chow could have lobbied hard and perhaps persuaded them to pick Leinart if he'd felt he was that good. Ultimately, I believe Chow may have wanted Vince Young himself.

JMO, but the teams that are in need of a QB will be....

Miami

Buffalo-Losman is not the answer IMO.

Baltimore

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Chicago-Will most likely go for McNabb though.

Green Bay-Favre won't last forever

Tampa Bay

Atlanta

Seattle-same as GB, just not as much urgency.

I say Woodson ends up in Miami, as they finish with the #2 pick. I believe Atlanta gets #1, and drafts either McFadden or Brohm, depending on how Leftwich adjusts to the offense.

JMO, but the teams that are in need of a QB will be....

Miami

Buffalo-Losman is not the answer IMO.

Baltimore

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Chicago-Will most likely go for McNabb though.

Green Bay-Favre won't last forever

Tampa Bay

Atlanta

Seattle-same as GB, just not as much urgency.

I say Woodson ends up in Miami, as they finish with the #2 pick. I believe Atlanta gets #1, and drafts either McFadden or Brohm, depending on how Leftwich adjusts to the offense.

Green Bay still has Rogers...So I doubt they would draft a QB to high...