Andre' Woodson to be drafted by the Chicago Bears?

^ I thought about that....I still think that Andre's release will be an issue for the NFL boys....maybe not....but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that is the first thing he'll work on in the off-season...as far as people being scared of Brian in a t-shirt and shorts, what's that mean?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as people being scared of Brian in a t-shirt and shorts, what's that mean?

You are one of the most intelligent football people on here RP, so I'll assume you know what I mean. However, to play along for those that honestly may not understand my point, I'll spell it out -- I think his size will be an issue at the next level and will hurt him moving forward. He has less than "prototypical" size for an NFL QB in this era. Heck, Brady Quinn is 6'3" and many speculated that was part of the reason he fell so far in Round 1. Brian isn't even that tall.

You are one of the most intelligent football people on here RP, so I'll assume you know what I mean. However, to play along for those that honestly may not understand my point, I'll spell it out -- I think his size will be an issue at the next level and will hurt him moving forward. He has less than "prototypical" size for an NFL QB in this era. Heck, Brady Quinn is 6'3" and many speculated that was part of the reason he fell so far in Round 1. Brian isn't even that tall.

Brian is listed at 6' 4" and I have meet him several times and he is that tall.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lou-m-footbl-mtt.html

Just throwing this out there a possibility but Tony Romo is a free agent after this season if I'm not mistaken. Any chance the Bears might pursue or try to negotiate with him?

Romo will sign a lucrative extension before the season is over...very soon would be my guess.

For Buffalo, if they dont get a new QB then they will be in the gutter for years to come. They passed on Leinart last year and now they should've figured it out! Losman sucks.

I think Losman will be alright. He played pretty well in the second half of the season last year. He's just off to a rough start right now, but the Bills play the toughest schedule in the NFL this year.

Colt Brennan is a system QB....just like Ware and Klingler. I think if anyone falls it will be him.

One I think it is too early to be discussing this topic, because you have injuries, free-agent issues to deal with and last some people will play better improve their stock and some will head the other direction.

On Brennan? I think he is a system QB too. I see him as classic college QB's that can't cut it in the big league, such as Klinger, Ware and Couch.

Really? We'll see. When Brohm is in a t-shirt and shorts it's going to make folks nervous. I'm not putting any stock at all in UL's two losses. None. Nothing to do with it.

We'll see, I already have a "wager" with Ram2003 and if BB gets drafted ahead of Woodson I'll be sporting a UL avatar for 4 months. I'm not nervous.

Brian will be next year's Brady Quinn. He'll be in the Green Room much longer than most would expect, however he'll then berewarded by going to a much better situation.

We'll see who is credible in April...I won't be hard to find.

I like your credibility hssb...I'm right there with you. You are, after all, the person who set me straight on my erroneous 11-5 prediction for the Bengals, but that's neither here nore there.

I think people are getting carried away with the fact that Petrino coached Brohm. I'll say it again, if he drafts Brohm, it won't be because of that...it will be because he graded him out as the highest rated QB. If Petrino felt that much loyalty to Brohm, he'd still be coaching U of L, and if he felt that much loyalty to players he coached in college, Amobi Okoye would be in a Falcon uniform (I think he'll end up regretting that decision, FWIW).

Nobody critiques these guys much during the season. It's all praise. But, when the season is over and the workouts start, these NFL Scouts will tear them apart.

What they're going to find is this...Woodson is taller, more athletic and throws a better deep ball. Brohm is more advanced mentally and more accurate.

They can teach Andre the mental part and improve his accuracy (and he has already shown that he responds well to good coaching under Randy Sanders).

They cannot teach Brian Brohm to be more athletic or grow 2 or 3 inches.

Keep in mind when you're attacking opinions, you are the one too close to the situation to be objective and I'm the one with no dog in the fight (UK fan, yes, but my track record is clear over the last 6 years here that I'm the FURTHEST thing from a homer). I've never met Andre Woodson, am not "close to the family", and therefore am making a completely independent OPINION.

Just food for thought before you go off all hell-bent in defense of a friend of yours.

Don't lose heart...if I had a nickel for every time I read a post here on BGP that attacked or questioned someone's credibility because they voiced a different opinion, I'd probably have something close to Andre Woodson's Atlanta Falcon 2008 signing bonus...:sssh::D