Andre' Woodson to be drafted by the Chicago Bears?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been in the league for 4 years now I believe.....Favre is going to play in GB until he retires, which probably won't be another 2 years. No way does Rogers stay there 6 years on the bench.

I believe this is his 3rd year, because he came out the same year as Alex Smith, and this is Alex's third year isn't it?

Favre plays a million games in a row. Rodgers breaks his foot the first time hes has to replace Favre in a game. He is only there until something better comes along. As for Woodson I hope for his sake its not the Bears, they are quickly getting the reputation as a graveyard for QB's. Beside they won't take him he's too good. Remember they thought Rex Grossman would lead them to the promised land. If I was a Bears fan I would be sick each Sunday waiting to see how bad Rex can mess up a good team. He has managed to be their opponents best weapon each sunday. I agree Woodson will be a top 4 QB selection.

Nice breakdown 5wide.

It is all but guaranteed the Falcons will have a top 5 pick and they have a great shot at taking the 1st QB if Cleveland or Oakland have slots above them. I do think Minnesota or Kansas City could be worse though.

As for Petrino taking Woodson over Brohm, I would have to see that to believe it. Petrino knows every good and bad thing Brohm can (and can't) do....he was with him on the practice field, in the film room, and in the heat of battle for 3 years. For him to take Andre above Brian would say alot IMO.....but this topic is a whole different thread....

Just throwing this out there a possibility but Tony Romo is a free agent after this season if I'm not mistaken. Any chance the Bears might pursue or try to negotiate with him?

If he is a free agent there will be more than the Bears pursuing him but like UKMF said, they will not let him go.

If the price is right then I believe Mr. Jones will up that price & keep him around.

I think the QBs taken in the 1st round this year to some needy teams are:

1. Colt Brennen

2. Brian Brohm

3. Andre' Woodson

Yes, I think Woodson will fall a little bit to 3rd QB taken, and I think Brennen is the real deal.

Here are my QB breakdowns for the entire NFL.

AFC

Bills- they are set on Losman imo

Dolphins- They have Green for this year and the QB they took in the draft last year, they are ok

Patriots- Brady, do I need to day anything else?

Jets- Pennington? maybe, but they need a QB, maybe not a 1st round pick though this year

Ravens - They need a new QB, Boller and McNair will not be there in 2 years, they take one, maybe not a 1st rounder though, but, they still might take one htis year

Bengals- Carson, thats all I have to say.

Browns- Brady Quinn is the future.

Steelers- Roethlisberger is the present and future

Texans- Shaub for now, maybe down the road in a few years use a 1st rounder on a QB

Colts- Peyton Manning, the best in the business

Jaguares- They need a quality QB in a few years, they get by with Garrard for now

Titans- Vince Young is the present and future of that entire FRANCHISE

Broncos- Jay Cutler, they are set

Cheifs- They stick with Croyle imo

Raiders-Jamarcus Russel is the future

Chargers- Phillip Rivers is a SOLID and good QB

NFC

Cowboys- Romo is a good QB, and pretty young

Giants- Eli Manning is their hope

Eagles- If they keep McNabb, they are good, if they don't, they have their pick Kolb to go to, they do not need a QB

Redskins- they are putting faith in Campbell, so they do not need a QB

Bears- They are in DESPERATE need of a QB, they take 1 in the 1st round

Lions- They like their 2nd round pick for the future, and Kitna for another year

Pakers- Favre will not be here forever, but for at least another year, then they have Rogers

Vikings- They really like Tavarius Jackson imo

Falcons- They are in DESPERATE need of a QB, but they picked up Leftwich so we will have to see how things turn out

Panthers- They have Delhomme, so not for a few years

Saints- Drew Brees is a good QB, no matter what kind of season he is having now

Buccaneers- Maybe draft one, maybe not, they have Garcia for this year, and then who knows what

Cardinals- Leinart is the future

Rams- Bulger is a good QB no need for one

49ers- Alex Smith has great upside, no need for a QB

Seahawks- Hasslebeck is a good QB, no need for another

So, the only teams in real need of a QB in the 1st round are the Falcons, Bears, Jets, and Ravens. The draft order of these teams will go: Falcons, Jets, Bears, and Ravens

So, it is quite possible for Andre' to fall to the Bears. They take him if he is available imo.