Halfway (for most) Point . . . Coach of the Year??

CharlieWeis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffiths at Green County certainly merits consideration. Jeff Robbins at Marion County has taken a perennial doormat and turned them into an undefeated and feared opponent in two seasons.

Russell has a great coach. I remeber the year he beat Catholic. Look up the schedule to see how tough it was. Total combined record for all schools they have played is 4-15. Two of those schools are winless. I also looked up some other teams and their record might be 5-0 but is was against not so good competition.

Catholic is 3-2 but the two teams they got beat by Evansville Reitz 5-A in IN is 5-0 and ranked #2 and Catholic got beat by Owensboro 5-A #4 in KY. After that they beat a South Spencer team 3-2 Apollo 2-2 and Hancock 1-3.

Griffiths at Green County certainly merits consideration. Jeff Robbins at Marion County has taken a perennial doormat and turned them into an undefeated and feared opponent in two seasons.

I went to college with Jeff Robbins and he is a great guy who cares about the kids he coaches. He has done a great job at Marion Co and should definately be considered. Good Job Jeff from those who know you in McCreary County! If he doesn't get on here please pass my message on to him!

I nominate the coach from Bishop Brossart who in their first year have taken a beating but still fill up the stands and he has gotten these people excited about football. Its easy to say "Dale Mueller should be with the best team in the state and being currently undefeated," but he didn't exactly inherit a bad team. He has taken a great program and made it even better by bringing in the right coaching support staff. I do however, give it up to all of those coaches that are starting from scratch. When you have to practice in the dirt parking lot of the fairgrounds, you are developing some tough young men!!! Good luck and I hope to see one of your games this year Mustangs!!!:thumb: