Halfway (for most) Point . . . Coach of the Year??

CharlieWeis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Buchanan from Mason County. Took Boone County into 4th quarter down 28-20 with 4 minutes left until his troops ran out of gas. Great gameplan though. He led at halftime 20-7. 4-1 ranked 4th in 3A. Only Central has a tougher schedule in 3A. Boone, Campbell, and Russell all on the schedule. If Coach can play deep in the playoffs he deserves Coach of the Year in 3A.:thumb:

How about Tim Browning at Gallatin County...2nd year for the Varsity program, 4-1...has beaten both connecting county rivals, only loss was to Franklfort...who is outstanding!

They got 84 points but on them against Frankfort, does he know how to coach defense?

They got 84 points but on them against Frankfort, does he know how to coach defense?

That wasn't Gallatin County, that was Bracken County.

Frankfort beat Gallatin 68-8. Not great, but a little better than 84! Remember, too, this is only the third year of Gallatin's program.

How about Tim Browning at Gallatin County...2nd year for the Varsity program, 4-1...has beaten both connecting county rivals, only loss was to Franklfort...who is outstanding!

I'm sorry, but I don't think he is ready to be crowned coach of the year yet. Maybe with time he will. Who have they played?

It's hard to pick coach of the year in NKY b/c of the talent schools have. Dale Mueller, Bob Schneider and Noel Rash could be named that every year. Personally, I think Coach Thompson at Boone has done a fine job. He does have some outstanding athletes though. Also, Zach Deaton at Dayton has continued the rebuilding process in his own way.

McCreary County is in the playoffs for the first time in the history of their program. I they have played evryone ontheir schedule very close. They have a tough schedule and they are in the toughest district in 4-A while it is the 1st year they have been back in district play. So, i would have to believe that Clinton Gay would be in the running somewhere?

1) Clinton Gay MC

2) Johnny Hines PC