Bengals defense has gotten worse under the "defensive guru"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that to me doesn't make sense, if an offense puts 30-40 points on the board every game, but is very efficient I wouldn't think they should rank towards the middle, just because thats what their yardage ranks. You don't win by having the most yards.

Or lose by giving up the most yards. But thats what 28th means. You gave up more yards than 27 other teams. Points given up has nothing to do with these rankings. So when everyone points to they were 20th this year and 26th that year, keep in mind what you're talking about. As many yards as the special teams gives up that could equate into the D having a better ranking.

Pollack+Thurman were major losses. Just look at the guys they have at the first two levels and it's not hard to figure out why they are so bad. They are going to have to make a commitment to drafting high or signing high in those spots next year if they expect to get better. No pass rush means awful secondary in the NFL. I won't even get into how bad our run D is. I was blown away that they didn't take care of business up front this off season and it will hinder them all season unless they start bringing some different looks for pressure. Might as well go with the high risk high reward. We can't play base and we have the offense to win shootouts.

Pollack+Thurman were major losses. Just look at the guys they have at the first two levels and it's not hard to figure out why they are so bad. They are going to have to make a commitment to drafting high or signing high in those spots next year if they expect to get better. No pass rush means awful secondary in the NFL. I won't even get into how bad our run D is. I was blown away that they didn't take care of business up front this off season and it will hinder them all season unless they start bringing some different looks for pressure. Might as well go with the high risk high reward. We can't play base and we have the offense to win shootouts.

I hate counting Thurman as a loss, he was a bad seed before they drafted him and now that he continued doing what he did in college you act surprised. The mistake was drafting him. There was a reason why eveyone was passing on him...

I hate counting Thurman as a loss, he was a bad seed before they drafted him and now that he continued doing what he did in college you act surprised. The mistake was drafting him. There was a reason why eveyone was passing on him...

Somebody was bound to take a chance and I bet somebody will take another chance when/if he is cleared from his suspension. He's just that good unfortunately he's let the wrong choices get the best of him.

What I think is ironic is in Cincy, Marvin was a defensive genius and his offense is his strong suit. In Baltimore, Billick was an "offensive genius" and their offense is, and has been slightly above compost for his tenure, while his defense has been arguably the best in the league since he's been there. Kinda odd if you ask me.

Somebody was bound to take a chance and I bet somebody will take another chance when/if he is cleared from his suspension. He's just that good unfortunately he's let the wrong choices get the best of him.

See Tank and the Cowboys!! That guy has had all kinds of chances!