Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals defense has gotten worse under the "defensive guru"

Featured Replies

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070921/SPT03/709210330/1035/SPT

 

Actually, the defense has slipped a good bit since Lewis arrived. In his four Cincinnati seasons, the Bengals' battered unit has been ranked 28th, 19th, 28th and 30th in the 32-team NFL. (It should be noted, however, that the 2005 playoff team led the league in creating turnovers.) In the previous four - the heyday of Spikes and running mate Brian Simmons - the Bengals stood 25th, 22nd, ninth and 17th defensively.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
From what numbers are these rankings devised?

I would say whatever numbers the NFL uses to rank the defenses.

I would say whatever numbers the NFL uses to rank the defenses.

That clears things up:confused:

Total yards allowed...

Total yards allowed...

Really? I just assumed it was some sort of equation weighing different stats.

Really? I just assumed it was some sort of equation weighing different stats.

Nope...

Pretty simple way of looking at it I guess. Same thing for the Os?

Pretty simple way of looking at it I guess. Same thing for the Os?

Yup...

Yup...

I guess I didn't need to know exactly what the ranking meant other than the fact the Bengals D has been subpar.

  • Author
I guess I didn't need to know exactly what the ranking meant other than the fact the Bengals D has been subpar.

Wasn't at the bottom of the list before Lewis.

Wasn't at the bottom of the list before Lewis.

No but a much more important ranking was

Defense wins championships!:sssh:

  • Author
Defense wins championships!:sssh:

Offense gets you an 8-8 season.

Defense wins championships!:sssh:

Which is why when the D was solid the team was no better than 6-10...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.