Owen vs Desales predictions

Play Maker3

Who wins  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Not really sure if you can say that they are struggling or not. I haven't really seen them play much just against Bullett East and honestly I didn't think B.E. was all that great. Owen is struggling though. These teams have a combined record of 1-6........I don't think either are exactly happy with their records.

Should be a close one. Don't know much about Desales except for their record and stats. Looks like they struggle a bit on offense like Owen does.

Unless Owen changes their Offense, I don't see them scoring very many points. Their only score last week was an accident on a tipped pass. They don't do any hitting in practice. JV D against Varsity O an vice versa. Why not practice Varsity O against Varsity D since only a couple players play both sides. Too much standing around watching.

That a call a head coach has to make (going varsity O vs. varsity D). Maybe Owen's head coach doesn't want that to take place or want to take a chance on one of his varsity starters getting hurt.

True because most of them can't take a lick.

I don't know much about Owen Co. except for their record. I do intend on making the trip to watch the game. Do not be misled by DeSales' record as they are a much better team. They have come off to a slow start with some weaknesses that have been exploited by their opponents and some mistakes that have cost them a win. They are a young team with only 7 or 8 seniors to carry the team. They do have some very hard working player with a never die attitude. They are going to be hard to stop as they will continue to improve the next several games. DeSales needs a win in order to help with the morale of the team which right now is very suspect as they have had a great difficulty to get that check in the W column. I hope Owen Co. is not underestimating DeSales due to their record.

I don't know much about Owen Co. except for their record. I do intend on making the trip to watch the game. Do not be misled by DeSales' record as they are a much better team. They have come off to a slow start with some weaknesses that have been exploited by their opponents and some mistakes that have cost them a win. They are a young team with only 7 or 8 seniors to carry the team. They do have some very hard working player with a never die attitude. They are going to be hard to stop as they will continue to improve the next several games. DeSales needs a win in order to help with the morale of the team which right now is very suspect as they have had a great difficulty to get that check in the W column. I hope Owen Co. is not underestimating DeSales due to their record.
Owen Co. IMO could have won every game this year. I'm sure Desales is alot better than their record. So is Owen. One of them is going to get a big, much needed win. I hope its Owen but I would not bet on it.

I have seen Owen play more than Desales and I agree Owen SHOULD have won every game so far this year. However, due to some injuries and such they haven't been able to get over the "hump" so to speak and get on track. I saw the game against Grant. It was a great game and Owen had their oppurtunities after forcing several turnovers but never capitalized.

Desales runs a power running attack from what I saw when they played B.E. with little throwing. Much like Owen. This will be a game that is goin to be determined by the O-line and linebackers. The team with the most drive on O-line and best LB play should win this ball game.

I find the posts very interesting. Makes me a bit nervous going into this game as it sounds as if it may be a close game if I am reading the comments correctly. I know nothing of Owen Co. except that they may run a similar offense with some things thrown in to trick up the defense a bit. It would be good for DeSales if it is not a close game, but a decisive win. Anyone know directions please advise as will be my first time to the school.

I have a feeling this will be either a blow out game or one that goes down to the wire. I don't think it will be a 10-14 point game.
If Owen Co. will pound the ball down the middle with they're 2 good fullbacks, Oaks and Snyder, and keep pounding it. They could wear out a defense and then give to a very quick Harris after the D tires a bit, they will do well. Josh Slone will be key if they give it to him. Then maybe they could pass a bit without going backwards. Owen Co. D will be ready. Coach Blackburn should get more credit than he does. He's help my son into a decent DB.

If Owen Co. will pound the ball down the middle with they're 2 good fullbacks, Oaks and Snyder, and keep pounding it. They could wear out a defense and then give to a very quick Harris after the D tires a bit, they will do well. Josh Slone will be key if they give it to him. Then maybe they could pass a bit without going backwards. Owen Co. D will be ready. Coach Blackburn should get more credit than he does. He's help my son into a decent DB.

If Owen Co. pounds it down the middle they will not do very well. Not to contradict your feelings on the ability of their offense. I have watched DeSales and you are trying to take out their strong aspect of the defense if you plan to go down the middle to weaken them. Where they have been beat is running to the outside of the end or scrambling to the gaps. If you plan to pass it better be a slant to the sideline. My son is also a decent DT or DE and he averages 6 tackles a game. He will be playing with 100 percent intensity looking to take out any player coming his way. So don't count on the defensive line tiring as they do not plan on being on the field for as long as previous games. I do not think fatigue will be a factor.

You guys have been very accurate in your predictions. There are obviously some very well informed high school football fans posting here. Some of you could give advise to the two at the Courier-journal giving their analysis and predictions.