Former 16th Region Players in College

Sounds like a good convenient answer.

Best of luck to her.

Most kids on academic scholarships must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to keep those scholarships for upcoming years. If keeping said scholarships will make a difference in whether or not that kid stays at college, then it makes sense to concentrate on studies. In other words, no academic scholarships means no college which equates to no sports at the end of the day anyway.

Kudos to Kayla for keeping her education her top priority.

With that said, congrats to each of the 16th Region girls doing so well at the college level. The 16th Region is certainly very proud! I would love to travel to Nashville to see Seals play!

Most kids on academic scholarships must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to keep those scholarships for upcoming years. If keeping said scholarships will make a difference in whether or not that kid stays at college, then it makes sense to concentrate on studies. In other words, no academic scholarships means no college which equates to no sports at the end of the day anyway.

Kudos to Kayla for keeping her education her top priority.

With that said, congrats to each of the 16th Region girls doing so well at the college level. The 16th Region is certainly very proud! I would love to travel to Nashville to see Seals play!

You are absolutely correct incognito. A college education is what it is all about. Kudos to ALL the girls from the 16th region that are continuing their education and sports (basketball/softball) as well. These (all of them) are obviously good kids or they wouldn't have gotten schollys in the 1st place. A girl (or boy for that matter) that realizes that the education is by far the most important.

Somehow when they are out of college and go into the real world I doubt that one of the questions in an interview would be "What was your assist to turnover ratio or what do you think about the 1-3-1 Zone defense as compared to a matchup zone or a man to man?":D Unless they are applying for a college coaching job.

Basketball or any other sport that these girls can play is fine and all of that, it can also be another avenue as in financial help for these schools (schollys, grants, etc..). Most small schools do not give full athletic scholly's, they can only give so much assistance for athletics as I understand it.

Bottom line is that the college degree is the main thing above anything else, if a student is able to work basketball in as well without taking away from her academics that is great.