Ryle 8 Highlands 7 (Freshman)

leatherneck

To bad the baby birds won't see Ryle again this season, since SK handled the Raiders last week. After beating Boone 34 to 0 tonight, SK must only beat Scott and Conner to get the birds for two games this year with the way the divisions are set up. Ryle is a great team, so I only wonder how good SK really is right now after last week's 12 point win over Ryle. Is SK the best team up here?

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Pioneers have a very good team this year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Pioneers have a very good team this year.

SK has a very good RB, Crane. He has won player of the honors playing in the Boone Co. Peewee League.

Just for the record, New Cath looks pretty darn good. Nice size, and very good RB in Kelly.

You learn more from losing, than winning. Tough to swallow but definitely true. Next week can be the start of a new streak, if they so choose. Work hard all week and leave it all on the field, nothing else you can do...

While I'd rather win than lose, they say you can judge a person's character much better than seeing how he responds to adversity than how he responds to success. We'll see what character these young Birds have by seeing how they play in their next game. Not saying that if they lose next week they don't have good character, but they best show hard work and determination this week in practice and in their next game. Who do we play next week?

To bad the baby birds won't see Ryle again this season, since SK handled the Raiders last week. After beating Boone 34 to 0 tonight, SK must only beat Scott and Conner to get the birds for two games this year with the way the divisions are set up. Ryle is a great team, so I only wonder how good SK really is right now after last week's 12 point win over Ryle. Is SK the best team up here?
Not sure what the division's are I would assume if following Class 6A - district 6 then Campbell would be in this as well.

Last night was the first freshmen game I ever went to that I actually got excited and had butterflies in my stomach at one point with nervousness. Highlands had way too many penalties in the first half to keep the Raiders in it. 2 weeks in a row with penalties, once they get past that, they will be great. They have the biggest O-line for freshmen I have ever seen.

After the game it looked as though there were thirtysomething seniors out their on one knee upset as if they had just played their last game of their careers. It really hurt me deep. I felt so bad for those guys. Ryle, congrats on staying with the birds and pulling off the win, however I think you may have just awoken the beast within some of those young men who haven't yet seen or felt what its like to lose and to also see how nice it is to win. Ryle and Company jumped up and down after the game as if they just won state. They even dumped the ice bucket on the coach. After seeing their varsity handled 2 weeks ago by the big birds, I guess it was retribution for the lil raiders to beat the baby birds.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season, especially # 92 for the birds. Go Jack, we are all so proud of you!!!!!!!!!

Lest I forget...A BIG Congrats to Ryle and their coaches for what has to be a huge shot in the arm for their program.

Have heard Ryle has an outstanding freshman QB...Hempl or Hempel???

How did he look last night?

SK should be the freshman team to beat with good talent and good numbers in the program. Both Twenhofel and Summit View were very good last year in the middle school league and I don't think Crane played for either one last year.