Will anyone beat Frankfort?

So hypothetically speaking, Frankfort vs. Mayfield playoff game, who would be the winner?

What's important to remember is that if all goes as planned during the regular season and these two meet up in the playoffs, it would be in the third round and the game would be at Mayfield. That could be a huge factor in the game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing at Mayfield might might be a factor but a potential matchup between these two is not likely to be decided by speed, Mayfield has plenty of speed, the difference should likely be decided in the trenches where Frankfort has a vetern line and Mayfield maybe lacking but should find themselves by then

When I pointed that out last year, I was labeled a whiner and complainer by some in the east ...

Nothing wrong with that, I am still whinning about it. It stinks for 1 simple reason and that is that is could hurt my Cards chances at making it to the Pizza Box. I say the KHSAA should kickem back over in the East so we dont have to worry about'em til the Pizza Box

Teams that can beat Frankfort.

Franklin Co.

Trimble Co.

Danville

North Hardin

Like I said earlier speed can only take you so far.

The Trimble County game was a close one last year, but what does Trimble have back this time around? And besides, it rained during the game last year and that slowed FHS down a lot.

Franklin County's D will be tough as always, Danville will be Danville and North Hardin is still trying to find its identity. Unless NH's wideouts get a lot better between now and the final game this year, FHS will win that game in a rout.

And oh yeah, Coach B, look forward to seeing you at the NH game!

Bardstown fans will tell anyone who thinks that a ton of speed on a team will keep them undefeated is completely wrong. Bardstown came into Mayfield a few years ago undefeated and with one of the fastest teams that I have ever seen and they went down. It wasn't easy to beat them at all but a good defensive plan can stop that speed especially if they don't have a passing game to make teams honest. Like CoachBucket said "speed will only take you so far".

Good luck to Frankfort on the rest of the year.

I remember Mayfield's offensive and defensive lines being some of the biggest boys i had ever seen as a sophomore, a tough group.

If Mayfields line play improves as the season moves forward, my thread might be the same as this one for the playoffs. Mayfield has 8 to 10 players with plenty of speed, a few with serious speed and Mayfield's coaching staff knows the ropes in how to prepare a team for the playoffs. Frankfort may be the deal but they still have to get through us at War Memorial when the time comes.

If Mayfields line play improves as the season moves forward, my thread might be the same as this one for the playoffs. Mayfield has 8 to 10 players with plenty of speed, a few with serious speed and Mayfield's coaching staff knows the ropes in how to prepare a team for the playoffs. Frankfort may be the deal but they still have to get through us at War Memorial when the time comes.

And believe me, it's a lot easier said then done :thumb:

Yes I was wondering about the regular season but this has turned into a great thread...I was also wondering if E.J. was gonna maybe play receiver in college and if that is why the coach moved him to that position during the C-ville game....Thought maybe it was to give scouts a chance to see him playing receiver.....I might be totally wrong here, I was just wondering....

Yes I was wondering about the regular season but this has turned into a great thread...I was also wondering if E.J. was gonna maybe play receiver in college and if that is why the coach moved him to that position during the C-ville game....Thought maybe it was to give scouts a chance to see him playing receiver.....I might be totally wrong here, I was just wondering....

To answer your question abou EJ. The coaching staff moves EJ around to get him the ball different ways. Plus they have a good back-up QB in Metcalf.

They don't have to move him around for any College scouts. He has 13 Dividion-1 offers. He just has to decide where he wants to go.

I am sure he is being recruited as an athlete...:thumb:

There is no doubt in my mind that Frankfort has speed. BUT if I were a Frankfort fan, I wouldn't toot my own horn too soon. It has been a long time since Frankfort has made it past a second round playoff game. When a team hasn't shown up when it counts anytime recently, I find it hard to predict them going undefeated in the regular season, much less going to State. All I'm saying is, wait and see. They do have some great talent though...........