Is Woodson Overrated?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Is Woodson Overrated?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

I remember last year at this time when Kentucky fans were openly debating whether he should even be the starter or not. A question for the "unbiased" people that think he's the second coming. What were his stats SEC teams vs. OOC teams?

If he's at the Awards Ceremony at the end of the season, I'll stand corrected. I don't think I have anything to worry about. ;)

Who Cares about awards, The greatest award will be draft day, And Kiper thinks he's the 2nd QB taking at #6, What is that, Like $15 Mil?

I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

I remember last year at this time when Kentucky fans were openly debating whether he should even be the starter or not. A question for the "unbiased" people that think he's the second coming. What were his stats SEC teams vs. OOC teams?

So thats how stats go....

OOC stats dont count toward the season? :sleep: Give me a break, all that matters is what he did at the end of the season....Dont single out Woodson against OOC teams, When Brohm couldn't stay Healthy enough to finish a season in the Big East....

I don't think he's over-rated, but all this talk of a Heisman is a bit foolish, IMO.

I agree. It's not that he doesn't have Heisman-ability, IMO, but he's obviously not playing for a team that will give him any chance to win the award. In a best case scenario for even the most optimistic fans, UK would win 9 games, including the bowl. And we all know how unlikely that is...but, the point is, even in a best case, UK probably wouldn't be good enough for Woodson to win the award. It will be somebody from a team that has one loss or less...USC, Michigan, West Virginia, U of L, etc...one of the candidates from those teams will likely win, unless someone just plays lights out on a team that has slightly less success. I'd say John David Booty is a safe bet if the season plays out as many expect.

I hate blind homerism and go well out of my way to prove it... ;)

Me too. However The RiverRats will be unstoppable this season;)

I think Woodson has earned the attention he is getting. His NFL stock depends on his turnovers this year. If he keeps them down again he will go mid first round, if not hes a third or fourth rounder.

As for the thread topic, I don't think Woodson is overrated at all. He's got everything you'd want in a QB, IMO. He's big, athletic, throws the ball well, is accurate and he showed great poise in the pocket last year. If his supporting cast doesn't completely collapse, I think Woodson will have another successful season and solidify his NFL status, unless the wheels fall off UK as a whole.

I think Woodson will be the second rated QB in the '08 draft behind Brian Brohm.

There's no way he's overrated. He was argueably the best QB in the SEC last season and that speaks for itself. If he has a similar or better season this year, there's no way that he's overrated. If he leads UK to a BCS bowl game, then I think he is in the Heisman race.

Me too. However The RiverRats will be unstoppable this season;)

I think Woodson has earned the attention he is getting. His NFL stock depends on his turnovers this year. If he keeps them down again he will go mid first round, if not hes a third or fourth rounder.

Mel Kiper has him the 6th pick in the draft right now. Ahh, What does he know? :irked: